Nod32 v 5 and Emsi ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acr1965, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Anyone running both Nod32 and Emsi together in real time? I'm just wondering if the two will not conflict...I figure I would enable only on execution protection in Emsi and disable its web filters.

2. tipo

tipo Registered Member

emsisoft has the ikarus antivirus engine and their own engine, which means there are two engines already. i guess they will conflict..use malwarebytes instead (as a second opinion)for realtime

3. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

I had both running briefly in my old desktop. I had EAM 6 and Eset 4. Had to uninstall one due to constantly locking up my PC during start-up.
    I had ESET running with all the real time monitoring turned off and it made no difference. I did not try it with ESET running in real time and EAM turned off.

4. acr1965

thanks. maybe I'll just try Eset and mamutu. I was hoping to at least be able to use Emsi from the context menu.

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Even if you turn off realtime components from AV software (or use exit/shutdown option if available) it does not mean they play nice with another realtime AV, there are still drivers, kernel hooks etc that can conflict.

@acr1965
    I had ESS 4.2 and Mamutu running together for quite a while, nice combo and no conflicts :)

6. acr1965

thanks for the info. I've added Mamutu to Nod v 5 and things seem to be going smoothly thus far. I disabled the Nod HIPS as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.