Nod32 v.3.0.563

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by GAN, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I don't have it integrated as I had problems with beta and later as well. As you said, taskbar item doesn't seem to want to be there.

2. poutine

poutine Registered Member

563 is crashing more in Outlook Express than the 560. RC1 didnt crash at all.... come on ESET read our posts here !!!!!! surely its not hard to remedy. :cool:

3. saffron

saffron Registered Member

That's not very encouraging news. :(

I'll stay with V2.7 and wait for ESET to stomp on a few more bugs before I risk V3 or ESS trial again.

4. poutine

Hi.
    OK i had to admit defeat with the email scanner in Outlook Express, and thanks to all of you who suggested turning it off, i have permanently!!!

You know... the old adage "if it aint broke dont fix it" springs to mind with the Version 3's release.
    The way emails were scanned in version 2.7 was flawless, seamless and invisible (apart from the nice scanner pop up) why oh why did they have to mess that all up ?
    The new Icon that gets plonked in OE is ugly and gets in the way, now... i could just about live with the daily crashes for the time being, but why oh why not give us an option to turn off the ugly icon and still be fully protected, its an eyesore. I dont need to get into the options there, once its setup its setup!!
    What i would really love however , is a return to version 2.7's scanning method. That would make my day ;)

5. poutine

And back once more to 2.7 , i go.......... This is funnnnn, thank god i use Ghost. ;) i'll stick with V.2.7 until my sub runs out Nov 2008 (hope i can use it til then !!)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  6. dnapzter

dnapzter Registered Member

i just have a little question

is this version having a function like the previous called AMON which searches almost all our files without being told to do so?

its a very nice function with the previous.

dunno if it is still present with the new release

btw, gratz to you. you made it

7. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

Uninstalled 2.70 AV only and installed 3.0.563 AV only on my XP Pro system.

-Bootups seemed slower.

-Once the XP Security Center alerted that NOD32 was installed, but that protection was turned off. It wasn't.

-Rebooted to so the Security Center would quit alerting about NOD32 being turned off which it did, but then I found NOD32 kernel running and no tray icon was present.

Uninstalled 3.0.563, cleaned folders and reinstalled 2.7. Happy and waitng.

8. poutine

Good idea , 563 is worse than the others IMO, Outlook Express crashed more with that than the previous ones. I dont think they could of even bothered testing it, i guess we are the new test team . :rolleyes:

9. mert90

mert90 Registered Member

i don't see why it is not working with you but i manage to run the EAV v3.0.563.0 at my computer flawlessly. Yes i admit that it is a little bit heavier and boot ups are definitely taking longer BUT this is because of the better protection compared to v2.7 against the viruses that can hide in boot up sections(at least i guess and hope it's that way). I also would wait a bit longer to upgrade to v3 but i couldn't however it ended up good for me so thanks ESET for their hardworking. Also you should give some credit to them because it is a developing program unlike many others(Symantec's Norton is a good example i guess).

10. poutine

I still have it on my test PC, and having tinkered with various settings, it crashes far less if i turn Perfect Disks PDAgent service to manual rather than automatic ! Dont know why but it seems to help.
    Does anyone else having the "bing" issue run Perfect Disk to ?

@Mert90
    Dont you think the Outlook Express integration is really awful though, like somethings not quite right in there ?
    Not just the huge pointless bar but all of it ? For me ... Compared to 2.7's its terrible. Agreed its a developing program but i think it needs a complete rethink, at least as far as the integration goes.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  11. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

PDAgent works fine with V2.7
    :D

12. poutine

Yeh but what about V.3, i already know 2.7's ok.

13. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Actually I have no idea what PDagent does. An answer to that might give a clue to the V3 problem.
    I don't think it appeared before V7, so........

In fact some of the spikes (cpu) that have been reported may be caused by 'genuine' components of 'innocent' software that just happen to 'phone home' for one reason or another.
    I will not buy Paintshop Pro now that it is in the Corel camp, for instance.

14. Klaus_1250

Klaus_1250 Registered Member

PDAgent is part of PerfectDisk, a Windows Defragger.

15. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Looks like this allows the perfectdisk client to communicate through the network.

http://raxco.com/support/windows/pd80/PerfectDisk80CC_faqs.cfm

16. reddice

reddice Registered Member

I tried PerfectDisk but it is way too slow. It uses way too many resources. I use Diskeeper which is light weight. I have no problems with Diskeeper and NOD 32 Version 3.0.563.

17. spamyou

spamyou Registered Member

I have Diskeeper as defrag, but nod v3 crashes my outlook express. My wife has a different setup (uses built in defrag), and nod v3 crashes her outlook express as well. I sometimes get the bing sound, sometimes it opens after a couple of tries (and manually closing crashed version in taskbar), but then hangs when I try to close it.

I am still running version 2.7 on both and will be until the bugs get worked out.

18. poutine

Thanks spamyou. Now i know its not Caused by Perfect disk. !
    I didnt want a discussion on defraggers lol, i just wanted to know if maybe the component of Perfect disk could be causing the issue. PdAgent is just the scheduling engine of P.D , if you dont schedule defrags this can be set to manual safely, the reason being PDAgent accesses the drive every few seconds. Turn it off and it doesnt.

Seems like the Tech Eset guys still need to work on the cause of the "Bing" as its now so affectionately called. ;)

19. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

20. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

21. nodyforever

Internal Tests: eset.com updated

Antivirus Software & Security Solutions

Not all antivirus and security software is the same. Since 1992, ESET has led the way in detecting and removing malware such as viruses, worms, and other Internet threats.

* Proactive protection: ESET blocks about 50% more unknown threats.
    * Precise: Fewer false positives.
    * Lightweight: Uses less resources (up to 1200% less).
    * Fast: Scans system anywhere from 3 to 34 times faster.

Shortly a version or corresponding updating to these numbers.

22. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

You are running online armor with Vista?

23. nodyforever

work fine in my pc :) no problems relevant

24. nodyforever

Update:

* Proactive Protection: blocks both known and unknown threats.
    * Precise: provides accurate detection of malware with fewer false positives.
    * Lightweight: consumes fewer system resources.
    * Fast: scans systems anywhere from 3 to 34 times faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.