NOD32, v. 2 from 1.782:

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SG1, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

I've NOD32 v 1.782 right now, and am past its renewal date. Someone at eset in response to my license query, wrote that I could renew online for 1 yr. at their posted price, (or for two years w/some savings, if ordering that via e-mail, through her). But would a renewal be for my present-old version, or would that license/renewal "carry-over" to ver.2, if I downloaded that?
    Or, do I start over & buy a new license and after that, get granted download access to commercial ver. 2? {As eSET has or will drop v. 1, there's no point in renewing the lic., for my current older version}. And lastly, does one have to uninstall old ver. before installing ver.2?

Thanks for any help/info, SG1 (Pat)
    ... somedays easily confused, I guess...

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

its my understanding if u buy 1 liscense it will entitle u 2 a yrs unlimited updates

Note: while your waiting... download the trial of the new beta, so u are protected, current virus version is 1.820 so your not protected against new threats

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You can renew up to 30 days past your expiry date, the license will start from the original date of purchase i.e purchased 11 March 2003, renewal date begins 11 March 2004, you can renew up to 11 April 2004, however your renewal starts from 11 March 2004. There is NO advantage in renewing late, there are however disadvantages, as in your protection stops updating its virus database.

You are entitled to free updates and component upgrades for 12 months from the original date of purchase or its annual renewal date.

If you have been using version 1, you will be able to update to version 2 as soon as you have paid for your license.

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

The version you are stating is a signature version and not the Program version. Are you currently using NOD32 version 1 (which has a Red CC in the system tray) or are you using NOD32 version 2 (half white and half green circle in the system tray) with an outdated signature file? If you are using version 1 (Red CC in the System tray) you will have to uninstall to install Version 2. Your renewal in either case will entitle you to all updates and upgrades for the length of your license (which includes version 2 at this time).

I hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.