NOD32 update trick

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Arin, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear aka, thats bad news. by the way what files you were trying to download?

congratulation bsilva. welcome to the club. maybe it works like this posts>50 MEMBER and posts>200 SENIOR MEMBER.

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Did you copy/paste the information from the original email from Eset? I don't have a copy of the email on my computer so I have to type in the information from the printed copy I have and I have a 0 and an O in my password and I got them backwards the first time I installed this beta I am using. I had to reinstall and type VERY carefully to fix it. So, you may have made a typo and that may be why it won't take your password. I was very careful and yet I still got the 0 and O in the wrong places so even if you are "sure" you typed it correctly, do the copy/paste method if you have the email with your user name/password on your computer.

3. aka

aka Guest

AMRX... I was trying to access the files at the link you provided... http://sun.uid0.sk/~eset/download/engine/
    Can't log in.... here's the really wierd part, I checked to see what my user name and password is in the Update section of NOD, and there's nothing listed there, yet updates are coming in without a hitch.

4. aka

aka Guest

Mele20 .... yes, I used copy and paste. I learned that lesson a while back too ;)

5. aka

aka Registered Member

ehem.... I know now why there was no user or password listed in the Update config............ coz I'm an idiot. I never uninstalled the trial version. That's taken care of, but I still can't log in on that page.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Occasionally a Username or Password goes haywire, contact the Reseller, Distributor or Website from whom you purchased, they can cancel and reissue you another UN and PW.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

7. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear aka, welcome to the forum. i have to tell you something. if you want to download a certain file from NOD32 you'll have to give the whole URL. for example if you want to download ENGINE0.NUP the URL should be this:

http://sun.uid0.sk/~eset/download/engine/engine0.nup

now if you click the above link you'll be asked for your username and password. give your credentials and poof!

8. aka

aka Registered Member

OK... I understand now...... I was trying to follow the link you posted, but now I see that the url is incomplete. Sorry for all this confusion. Thank you for your patience. :)

9. Arin

Arin Registered Member

welcome aka and don't be sorry. being very lazy i couldn't type all the URLs of every files so i gave the link where to find those files and the names of those files. you'll have to figure it out.

10. pj320

pj320 Registered Member

I was able to download the said files from page 1. follow the instructions given there but I'm having this error "update file download failed". I burned the files on a cd and set my update parameters to read on cd but gives me that error.

11. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi guys . this is humorous . Did I miss something / I mean , I update NOD32 automatically . wow ! Real hard ! And to actually say this thread started with trying to help people who cannot update through NOD ? Here is an idea : If you cannot update , CONTACT ESET ! How hard is that ? OR , are we talking about stealing ? Not trying to come across rude and mean no disrespect but , I cannot believe this thread keeps going based on people not being able to update NOD the proper way . GEEZ . It reall is not difficult . LMAO

12. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

You could be right, I think you may have missed something...they are talking about if you do not have an internet connection available to a PC...
    but thats o.k. :)

13. sagittarius

sagittarius Registered Member

'scuse my igerrence Blackspear ... but could this method be used to update a reseller's version on an infected computer, without the need to access the interneto_O

I'm thinking along the lines of the intelligent updater from "that other mob" ;)
    if the answer is yes, do you copy the latest files from the updfiles folder
    e.g.
    nod5BDF.nup
    nod052C.nup
    upd.ver
    lastupd.ver

to the floppy & then transfer it to the infected machine for updating?

I apologise if the answer to this question was somewhere amidst all the posts, but I got lost in the woods trying to find it :D
    thanks in advance

14. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Thanks NOD 32 User ! Glad I did . I was thinking , WOW , are these guys for real or what . I do have a valid question though . If you have no internet connection , why would you worry about updating anyway ? It will update WHEN you connect . I must seem stupid but , this really is strange as to why anyone would concern themselves with updating if they have no connection . No connection ? No problem . See . If your connection is not there , why would you need it anyway ? Again , my thanks to NOD32 User . Take care and good luck

15. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

It is true if you completely remove all network and internet access and all removable media drives and any other means of getting external data into or out of a pc then AV software becomes a little superfluous in that instance...

16. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There is a way of doing it, it uses the admin version, and that's where my brain freezes :rolleyes: :D I did it once because of the size of update over a dialup connection and I didn't have time to hang around. I can't remember what I did other than the file made is copied to a disc, and then on the machine to be updated you change the server to your "A" or "E" drive (CDROM) and Nod32 then updates.

I'll ask an Eset Mod or Mr Coot to give the exact steps, as I haven't done it since...

Cheers :D

17. sagittarius

oh how wonderful to hear I'm not the only one who suffers from that affliction :rolleyes: :D
    much appreciated Blackspear ... it can be pretty nerve wracking waiting for that initial download on a computer that's unprotected :eek:

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

19. napatec

napatec Registered Member

It is possible to update NOD32 on a system without any connection to the
    internet or network. You need to set up NOD32 on another system
    that does have an internet connection and keep it up to date. Then just copy the files (nod32.000, nod32.002, nod32.003, nod32.004, nod32.005, nod32.006)
    from the C:\Program Files\Eset folder to the same location on the
    computer not connected to the internet, and restart that system.

20. sagittarius

thanks for that tip Napatec ... I'll give it a go next time :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.