nod32 update crashes computer

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jreiz, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jreiz

jreiz Registered Member

It went something like this. I was on the internet last night when nod32 repeatedly and unsuccessfully attempted to update automatically to a later definition file. Each time it attempted to update nod could barely begin downloading the file when the download would stall out and another update popup would begin on top of the last, and so on. The only way I found to stop the process was to shut down my computer. When I rebooted and attempted to log in, I got a pitch black screen with a dialog that I was too upset to write down: something like "Dell is not at home." I attempted to restore to an earlier time using a Recovery Commander (V-Com) rescue CD, but after that restore I was still not able to log in. The next morning, I restored a good drive image using Acronis True Image 8.0 Build 826 (old reliable), software which many readers may be familiar with from these forums. I have not yet had a bad restore with this build, and after I was able to log in successfully, I was almost home.The date of this particular restored image was a time when I was running Mcafee Antivirus 2006, not nod32. However, after the Acronis restore, after the programs loaded in the system tray, I got the dialog, "your computer has recovered from a serious error." Online crash analysis indicated that this may have been caused by a device driver (not likely in my opinion), or software drivers such as for antiviruses (like nod32) or firewalls. I was lucky that in all my reboots since, that error message did not reappear. My question is (finally!) has anyone out there experienced antivirus driver conflicts with nod32 like I have described? I still run it on my other computer: an eMachine Athlon 64 without issue so far. I appreciate your help with this problem. :eek:

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I've never experienced something like this.....I had just the repeated updates, thats all. No login problems.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It was updating repeatedly last night, but it was fixed quite fast. However it didn't crash my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.