NOD32 update closing dial-up connection

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by CompilerBacter, May 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompilerBacter

CompilerBacter Registered Member

I am on dial-up and sometimes, after dowloading the update, the connection stops working, (just as if the connection had ben closed). Even worse, to cure the problem I sometimes have to reboot. So, does anyone else have this problem, (I remember it was mentioned some while ago), and if so is NOD to blame? and is there some way round it? Any suggestions gratefully accepted. This may sound like a trivial problem, but often I leave the update until I'm ready to close the internet connection anyway, which can't be a good thing!
    Thanks.

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Hmm.. I've used both the release version and the beta on a dial-up (WinXP) for quite some time and never noticed any such problems. Does the problem persist if you update automatically instead?

For the release version, in NOD32 Control Center:

[x] Select "Minimum"
    [x] Select the option "Automatic Update every".
    [x] Click Connection Setup, and select "Dial-up"

Best regards,
    Anders

3. CompilerBacter

Yes, I used to use auto update with the same result which is why I changed it to manual. W98 btw. I have 'full' setting not 'minimum', does this make a difference?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

On some system (with software or some specific modems) restarting AMON after update files have been downloaded may result in severe problems like connection loosing or computer restarts. This issue is solved in the new version of NOD32 where the option of instant virus signature update can be disabled.

5. CompilerBacter

This seems to have been fixed in NOD V2, . . . Excellent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.