NOD32 stops one of Spycars tests

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ejr, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I don't know if this has been discussed in this forum. But I was running Spycar to test my antispyware the other day. I thought that Spyware Doctor stopped this test, but it ended up being NOD32 that was protecting me. I didn't notuice until I checked the threat log this morning.

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
    12/16/2006 19:37:45 PM AMON file C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Spycar\SpywareDoctor\HKLM_RunOnceEx-Target.exe Win32/Hoax.SpyWare.C application quarantined - deleted - error while cleaning - operation unavailable for this type of object GMPASSOCIATES\Owner Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\HLPF271P\HKLM_RunOnceEx[1].exe. The file was moved to quarantine. You may close this window.

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

nice :) How about the other tests?

3. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Unfortunately, NOD and Spyware Dcotor let all the other tests run. However, this test was really designed more for HIPS/antispyware applications. It tests whether your defense will allow a registry change, a browser hijack, etc.

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

yes, that's right. It's not important to be detected by signatures... maybe heuristically somehow, but that is definetly not a test for AVs. :)

5. Jigga

Jigga Registered Member

Yea the other test would pass if you had a good software firewall such as comodo

6. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.