NOD32 stops filemaker pro networking on XP PtoP

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by marki, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marki

marki Registered Member

I loaded Nod32 on to a Winxp PtoP network after uninstalling nortons antivirus, we then had trouble networking Filemaker Pro. The host files took a long time to appear and then did connect when clicked. Has anybody else experienced this? The only fix I could use was to uninstall NOD32 completely, then filemaker worked fine.

2. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

have you tried excluding the directory in amon?

3. marki

marki Registered Member

yes, I excluded the directory and the files.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you used a Registry Cleaner to remove all the remnants of Norton?

Send through a request for a newer version of IMON to support@nod32.com

Also see the following thread there is a link for a newer version of IMON:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=35206

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  5. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hi Marki,

I've just downloaded Filemaker Pro 7, installed it, ran it, saved a few newly created documents and generally fiddled around with it for 20 minutes whilst also running a couple of on-demand scans with NOD32 and I encountered no problems. I realise that your problem relates to a network situation but I just wanted to see if there was any strange behaviour from Filemaker Pro 7.

Having spoken to several people and also reading some posts in this forum, I understand that Norton can be a right b*tch to get shot of and I'm wondering if this is the real problem. As Blackspear suggested, a registry cleaner might help or you could have a look at this link on how to uninstall Norton... http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606

If you're still having problems, please send log details to support@nod32.com.

Bandicoot. :)

6. Blackspear

Good to see you still hanging around Mr Coot, especially since the All Blacks gave the Poms a flogging in the rugby over the weekend, thought you may have had that tail of yours between your legs :D And I think it has been long enough that you lot have had for polishing the cup, time for it to come back to it's rightful owners ;) :D

I have run Nod32 successfully alongside Filemaker Pro v6 and v7 on a number of machines, the main difference here seems to be the P2P networking, and this may come down to IMON having a twitch in relation to P2P.

7. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Ha ha...... Mr. Spear. I'm afraid I missed the rugby antics... was involved in some drinking and banter with Mr. Zilla. Still I guess it was nice for your antipodean neighbours to win a match against the World Champions... always good to be charitable to your hosts, don't you think? See what happens in the 2nd test... hee hee...
    ;)

Back to the matter in hand.... I just spoke with the main developer for IMON here at Eset and he wasn't aware of any conflicts with P2P networking. We'll see how Marki gets on with your (and my) advice. I'm sure we can come up with a happy ending for him.

All the best mate.
    Bandicoot. :D

8. Blackspear

Mr Coot, I would have wanted to miss the rugby had I been a Pom as well :rolleyes: Although can it be called a game, when one side gets 33 and the other side only has 3 :D

Back to IMON :D my client only recieved the shutdown error message after trying to make a VPN connection, Marki has problems with a P2P/VPN connection, and I think there are others mentioned in various recent threads pointing back towards IMON, though this is the current version of IMON installed, not newer versions of IMON...

Mr Spear :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.