NOD32 Setup, Free to Paid version, etc.

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Adam, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam

Adam Guest

Regarding PG and NOD32 - what is the ideal setup for NOD32 to function and get best protection?

Currently I have the nod32kui.exe protected with no special settings. I note that there is also a nod32krn.exe. The log files have been clean, so my assumption is that I don't need to add other settings, but help me out here.

I purchased PG over the weekend, so I'm expecting my license key next week. With I need to reinstall PG?

Something else that would be GREAT woudl be a thread listing a bunch of common apps that PG should protect, with their settings. I'm happy to contribute once I learn how to use it!!!

-Adam

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Adam

Yes you should add nod32krn.exe.

Please Look at this:-https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16931

Security App's and programs that have Internet access to start with.

Good luck.
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello Adam & welcome, There is already such a thread:
    Tips, Tricks & FAQ's - A sticky thread above this one ;)

As the Ques said, add apps slowly and watch the logs, this will give you a good idea about which application requires what allowances.

4. nameless

nameless Registered Member

With anti-virus software, you don't just want to idly watch the logs. If a virus is detected, the anti-virus software may need to be able to terminate the offending application immediately (even if the application is on the protected list). You don't want it prevented from being able to do so. So I would give both NOD32 applications full "allow" privileges to begin with. Or maybe I am crazy and missing something... maybe this would only be an issue with PE viruses, I don't know, and I'm too tired to think right now.

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I have a system set up with all 3 NOD32 executables protected, with full allow access just in case they need it. 0 problems, NOD32 is completely compatible with PG :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.