NOD32 Settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by striker327, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striker327

striker327 Registered Member

hey guys im new to nod32 and i was wonder if it is ok to keep the nod32 settings all default after a customized setup when u r installing

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi striker327, welcome to Wilders.

I always recommend tweaking the settings according to the NOD32 Tutorial found HERE

Cheers :D

3. striker327

striker327 Registered Member

cheers :D, just tweaked them, man it has alot of settings

4. Blackspear

Ahhh good practice, after doing it 1000 times it'll take you about 3 minutes, well that's about what it takes me ;) :D

5. BerserkerPup

BerserkerPup Registered Member

I see everyone recommend your settings, but I'm curious as to exactly why should we change from the default to yours? Does it provide more protection? And if so, does it slow down the operation of the computer? Is it just that less user interaction is necessary when something evil is found? What do your settings do that the default settings don't?

Other questions: If I disable the HTTP checking in IMON, how does that put my system in danger?

Also in IMON, in the "Larger Files Download Settings", should those numbers be tweaked, and if so, what does the tweaking accomplish?

I'm running WinXP Home/SP2, Comodo, SuperAntiSpyware, BOClean, Spywareblaster & Spybot's Immunize function.

6. Blackspear

My setting are designed for maximum scan settings available, they are also designed for maximum automation.

Currently if it was a car and you pressed the break, it would ask you, do you really want to press the break. I set up NOD32 to just do its job and sit in the background silently doing so…

Yes, from accidental bad choices or novice users, and yes in the sense that it generates a scan every single week of your system. And yes it protects me from dozens of telephone calls; “I have a huge RED screen telling me I HAVE A VIRUS, WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, not at all.

Yes that is part of it, see answer above…

Maximum detection settings for scans, maximum automation, weekly scans.

Yes, IMON is your first line of defence, AMON is your 2nd line.

I have never required to do so.

I am running NOD32, Online Armor and Look n Stop.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  7. BerserkerPup

BerserkerPup Registered Member

Thanks for the reply; I appreciate the clarification of the things I was wondering about. I wasn't sure if it was something essential I should do or if it was just an ease-of-use issue. Hopefully I'll never get the big red screen, but if I do, I'll make sure that sucker gets deleted, logged, etc., before I pick up the phone screaming. ;)

I did purchase a license for NOD32 after the trial expired, btw. I'm happy with the way it works. :thumb:

8. Blackspear

You are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.