NOD32 Scheduler Not Very Precise

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NewNOD, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewNOD

NewNOD Guest

Just out of curiosity, why would the NOD32 scheduler have a delay of more than a minute in some cases?

This is not a big deal, really. But for a while, I had been launching VBScript I wrote with Windows scheduler. Since the script is related to NOD32, I thought I'd try to launch it from within NOD. That's when I noticed how imprecise the NOD scheduler was.

- When launching external apps, launch delay was consistantly 47+ seconds beyond the scheduled launch time

- When launching a scheduled scan, scan launch ranged anywhere from 23 - 45+ seconds beyond scheduled launch.

FYI - when launching an external app, I found that you have to include a working directory (which is usually an opptional thing).

Like I said, just curious.

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I've actually noticed the same behaviour just using Win2K's scheduler. I also have a VBscript that kills and restarts two services at 2:00AM, and it logs anywhere between 2:00:00 and 2:00:23. Never really got too worried about it - I mean, we're not launching a space probe or anything... ;-) I agree that it would be nice to have it a bit more precise so that I could schedule things a bit tighter than at ten minute intervals (just to make sure).

3. NewNOD

NewNOD Guest

anotherjack wrote:
    I know, that's why I said it didn't really matter. :)

Had Windows Task Scheduler exhibited the same behavior (i.e. launch delays), I would have assumed that the behavior was typical. But here (contrary to your experience), Windows Task Scheduler launches exactly as scheduled (no delay that I can measure easily) as do third-party schedulers (freeware) that I've used.

So, I thought it was a NOD thing.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.