nod32 scan is extremely slow, cant complete

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mfmruizv, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfmruizv

mfmruizv Registered Member

Running latest version x64 w windows7 and not even smart scan completes. i left it running 9 hours on only c drive which doesnt even have over 60GB used and operating memory and it stayed stuck at 62%. i noticed different things cause it to stall on some folders first it was msocache which i deleted, then .jar files/.cod/msi files files then steam folder(so i added them to exclude). i have uninstalled and reinstalled problem persists, keeps going on to next type of file it will stall on.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does disabling archives / sfx archives scanning make a difference? Do have iso or other large images on the disk?

3. mfmruizv

mfmruizv Registered Member

disabling that made the scan finish and quickly, i dont have any image files on the c drive though. why do i have to disable that type of scanning though files it got stuck on were small, and now im defenseless if those files contain anything bad ?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

If there is anything bad it will be detected when they are accessed directly (as in open or execute them from archive)

5. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

files inside the archive can be dangerous, but no the archive itself

when you extract those files, scanning occurs

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest narrowing it down to the particular file by scanning one folder at a time. When you find out which folder takes most time to scan, you can scan just particular files within it until you narrow it down to the archive(s) that takes most time to scan. Subseqently you can upload it somewhere and PM me the link for perusal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.