Nod32, save delays, TMP files, Sync Conflicts using Office 2007?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by CallMeAl, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Registered Member

Hello,
    The subject describes our situation in short. The problem in more detail:
    We are running a mix of XP, vista and Windows 7 workstations, all of which are using Nod32, version 4.x. Some of these machines have Office 2003 installed, while others have 2007. So far, we have only noticed the problem on Vista or Windows 7 machines with Office 2007. User's desktop and document folders are being redirected to a server 2003 system which is still running Nod32 2.7.

When users of Office 2007 attempt to save a document, they often experience any of the following: a delay of about 20 seconds before the file is saved. An error message stating that the file is already in use. The creation of numerous Office temporary files. I have removed Nod from two test case systems, and the problems seem to have completely gone away. They used to occur several times a day, but after removing Nod, no problems over a span of three days.
    Has anyone seen this before?
    Thanks,

Al

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Try disabling scanning of network drives on your clients since the file server is already taking care of that with its resident scanner.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have the latest version 4.0.474 installed? If so, try renaming ekrnDmon.dll in safe mode.

4. CallMeAl

CallMeAl Registered Member

I currently have version 4.0.437.0. Should i update to the latest version, and or rename the dll?

5. yett2000

yett2000 Registered Member

Hello CallmeAl, did you ever get the problem corrected? My business is experiencing the exact same issue and we are running NOD32 v4.0.417.0 and the only machine that has the sync problem is running Windows 7 and Office 2007. Our IT guy is going to attempt updating the computer to NOD32 v4.2. Hopefully that takes care of the problem.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

With versions older than 4.2, Document protection can be unregistered from the system by running "regsvr32 /u dmon.dll" from within the ESET install folder. As of v. 4.2, Document protection can be unregistered from the system via gui.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.