NOD32 Running Remote Scan using ECLS.EXE

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nooks, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nooks

nooks Registered Member

Hello everyone I am trying to run a remote ecls.exe on a computer so I do not have to disrupt the users working environment.

Below is the command I am using:

Code:
    runas /env /user:[username]@[domain] "\\[computername]\c$\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe /adv-heur /heur /auto /quarantine /action=clean /log-file=log.txt"
    This command runs no problem however, it starts and closes right away. I want it to start the command line scanner, make the scan silent so it runs in the background, and then finishes up the clean without any interaction from the user.

**NOTE: I think it is closing the command line scanner right away because I am not starting it with a command shell. What I mean is, when I click on the "ecls.exe" from the explorer window it starts up and shuts down immediately. However, when I run the "ecls.exe" from a command shell within the "ESET NOD32 Antivirus" directory it runs the scan until finish no problem.**

I know I am almost there in making this work I just need a little bit of help.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Just to check, have you tried replacing /AUTO with the actual drive letters to scan on the target workstations?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.