NOD32 question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chaos16, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

i don't want a vs thread honest.

Just wondering i at the moment use KIS 2009 and happpy though have never found anything i gues ive been safe lol.

just wondering forget about Kaspersky.

will like to know how NOD32 has improved lately is it still as light as it once was 2.7?

also has the detection improved? as if i remember before other antivirus companies where better in general and even beter for detecting and remoing spyware compared to NOD32?

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

NOD32 is still very light, however it hasn't been performing very well lately, and it really sucks when dealing with Spyware. Updates are not very frequent and support takes a lot to respond. However I think that you can be fine with it along with a good Anti spyware and Behaviour blocker/HIPS

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

(QUOTE) Updates are not very frequent and support takes a lot to respond.

That statement is wrong,Eset has made improvements is this area the last I heard they where adding to the analysis team.Being a nod32 user as of late I can tell you updates are very frequent daily some times more then once the same day.I use it and see updates its very active.You may want to check ronjor posting daily updates of eset.As far as support goes its IMO very good,Eset Moderators are in here daily and can pm them when needed.Oh and I am No fan boy of any software,I can drop it like a hat in a heart beat.

4. edd3800

edd3800 Registered Member

I no longer use Nod32, but was using 2.7 and did the switch when they came out with the new version. Nod 2.7 was lighter than the new version 3.0. That being said 3.0 was still light, did not slow down my system at all. When I went to 3.0 my internet surfing was slower. So I contacted support. They were fast getting back to me and helped me solve the problem. I use on demand scanners for spyware and they never found anything. I thought Nod32 was a great program.

5. Medank

Medank Registered Member

well i really am worried because it's not just detection-rate on AV that is not as strong as before but it's as well the anti-spyware that is really weak.
    And even the Firewall i don't know if you are well protected with it as with (ex.) Zonealarm, Comodo or Outpost.

So yes Eset has stap back little but i am sure they will be back in the future and with more improvements not just with detection but with complete improvement,

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

7. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I used NOD32 for 2 years but recently dropped it for the more effective KIS 2009 .Not that KIS is without its problems !! But the detection of even minor vulnerabilities is great and you cant fart without it knowing.:D

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Eset claims Version 3's anti-rootkit capabilities are superior to Version 2's.

9. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

People, there is an ESET EAV forum within Wilders where moderators like Agoretsky and others might be able to address your questions and concerns regarding any problems you may have with NOD32 v.3

My suggestion would be to start a thread there and wait until one of the experts come up with an answer for you.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.