NOD32 Perpetual Evaluation Setup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by AutoPiloT, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutoPiloT

AutoPiloT Registered Member

Greetings,

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this topic, if not, well please accept my apologies.

I am a proud NOD32 reseller and I am really satisfacted about the product.

I can't say the very same of the evaluation version policy and the trick around it.

As you surely know, it's possible, after 30 days, uninstall/reinstall the demo version and keeping using it without any trouble.

Well, I belive 30 days are more than enough to evaluate a software and after this period the user should uninstall or purchase it.

Why Eset doesn't care about this?
    We purchase the software to resell it, but if it's possible to use it for free, who will ever spend its money for a full licence?

I know that the demo version doesn't update core components etc, but alot of users simply ignore this or even doesn't recognize the importance of getting components updated too.

I belive Eset should care a little bit more about its partners, afterall we fight on the same side.

I await an exhaustive reply.

Kind Regards

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello,

this thing has changed in v3. There is no point to solve problem with v2, because all v2 users get only virus database updates, modules aren't supported and developed for old version. For the best level of protection everyone should upgrade to v3, which is priority.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hello there.I personaly would not worry about this to much,theses folks really think there getting over on eset or any vendor for that matter but IMO it will come back to nip em in the butt,its a matter of time.I understand for Some folks money me be tight and there are very good free alternatives and some are better then paid.I my self rather see Eset focus on detection and improvements in there overall quality of there products.I will just add for the folks that can fork over a very acceptable price tag stop being a cheapo its well worth the purchase for the support alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.