NOD32 - Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by smr, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smr

smr Registered Member

Hi there

We are replacing a computer and will be using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 in conjunction with NOD32. We are 3/4's of the way through a 2 year subscription with NOD and havent had to reinstall in that almost 2 year period.

After downloading and installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0 - Windows 32-bit ESET Antivirus v3.0 for Windows XP/2000/Vista 15mb version of NOD32 it looks very different to the NOD we were using. Looks nicer and more modern so yup its a winner for sure. I called technical support and was told to download that particular version.

Unfortunately this version of NOD and Outlook 2007 are not cooperating in this instance. It is happy to send emails but wont let them come in and it seems it is blocking them. I have been in contact with my ISP and we have conducted a few tests with other computers we have and my ISP feels I am missing a setting in NOD which is stopping the emails.

Is there any known issues or something I should be clicking that I am not? For the record we are still using XP not vista.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, please try the following:

1. Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking ‘Start’ -> ‘All Programs’ -> ‘ESET’ -> ‘ESET Smart Security’ or ‘ESET NOD32 Antivirus’.

2. Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.

3. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Protocol Filtering'.

4. Select the 'Applications marked as Internet browsers or e-mail clients' option.

5. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Web access protection' -> 'HTTP' -> 'Web browsers' and make sure that only the applications you want scanned with the Internet filter are selected. Typically only real web browsers (iexplorer.exe, firefox.exe, etc.) will need to be selected. Repeat this step for email clients (outlook.exe, thunderbird.exe, etc.) by clicking 'POP3' -> 'Email Clients'.

6. Under 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Email protection' -> 'POP3' -> 'Compatibility', move the slider all the way to the left, to 'Maximum compatibility'.

7. Click 'OK' to save your changes.

-Let us know if this fixes the issue

3. smr

smr Registered Member

Hi, thanks for your response. I spoke to a NOD support person yesterday and we went through the same things you asked me to do here. As a last desperate attempt at trying to find an answer, we uninstalled NOD and it still wasnt picking up the incoming mail. It seems the problem has nothing to do with NOD at all as the ISP suspected.

I tried using the generic Outlook Express and it picks up the mail perfectly. It seems the problem lies with Office Outlook 2007. I have since downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird (at the recommendation of the NOD support person) and life is once again good.

Thanks for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.