NOD32 or perhaps F-prot?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rafman, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rafman

rafman Registered Member

I am looking for a new AV program. Here is a little info that should help. I am a low risk user - have a good firewall setup that passes all security tests I have tried. I do not engage in any online file sharing or go to sites that likely to give you problems, such as multimedia sites and the like. I do no online gaming. I do download files but generally from well-respected and commercial sites and they are scanned after being downloaded - before I open them. I only open attachments if I know who they are from.

I know that this doesn't totally protect me and I don't want to be overly paranoid, just careful. I want to use an AV that has a small footprint and that's why I am looking at NOD32. In fact. I think it is either that or F-prot, which has also been recommended to me.

Any comments, based on my user profile, or other info I should consider would be most welcome. I have started looking at threads here and I sure haven't seen anything that would make me want to change my mind.

I took a look at the comparison site that is mentioned in some of the threads here and F-prot seems to do better than NOD32 but I also saw one comment that it was more resource intensive than NOD32.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any further help.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Rafman, welcome to Wilders. I would suggest downloading the Trial version of Nod32 and give it a whirl...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.