NOD32 or perhaps F-prot?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rafman, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rafman

rafman Registered Member

I am looking for a new AV program. Here is a little info that should help. I am a low risk user - have a good firewall setup that passes all security tests I have tried. I do not engage in any online file sharing or go to sites that likely to give you problems, such as multimedia sites and the like. I do no online gaming. I do download files but generally from well-respected and commercial sites and they are scanned after being downloaded - before I open them. I only open attachments if I know who they are from.

I know that this doesn't totally protect me and I don't want to be overly paranoid, just careful. I want to use an AV that has a small footprint and that's why I am looking at NOD32. In fact. I think it is either that or F-prot, which has also been recommended to me.

Any comments, based on my user profile, or other info I should consider would be most welcome. I have started looking at threads here and I sure haven't seen anything that would make me want to change my mind.

I took a look at the comparison site that is mentioned in some of the threads here and F-prot seems to do better than NOD32 but I also saw one comment that it was more resource intensive than NOD32.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any further help.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Rafman, welcome to Wilders. I would suggest downloading the Trial version of Nod32 and give it a whirl...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.