Nod32 on demand starts and disappear

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Navneet, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navneet

Navneet Guest

I just installed the Nod32 trial version, there was no error during install. When i start the on demand a window opens for half second and disappears and nothing happens. I somehow managed to print screen once when the window was open it says the following

Scanning log
    NOD 32 version 1.940 (20041205) NT
    Checking CRC of the mod32.exe file status OK
    Scanning operating memory...

this windows just opens and close and would not let me scan anything

Any help

Thanks
    Navneet

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    firts of all, please update your NOD32 to the most current version 1.1019. Then start Windows in Safe mode, run NOD32, on the Setup tab, enable Runtime packers, Advanced heuristics and Pot. dangerous applications. Click the Clean button. If a NewHeur_PE virus is found, tick the Quarantine checkbox followed by clicking the Delete button. Finally, reboot the machine and send the content of the eset/infected folder to sample@eset.com

3. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Indeed many Rbot variants kill AV processes and one of these is nod32.exe. Just follow the instructions of Marcos.

4. 4now

4now Registered Member

play it safe and search for possible infections

but I just wanted to add that on demand would occasionally 'nod-off' when I was using the trial and even now with the commercial version.

it is less likely to terminate early in Safe mode, but it still does. For instance I do all of my scanning in Safe mode using the default administrator user profile (where the desktop is set up to launch all of my security applications) - but when it failed to make a complete run I switched over to my personal user profile - and it would complete the scan without any problems.

I'm not sure why it occurs more frequently out of Safe Mode - but I feel that it often snags when scanning my Opera temp files, of its M2 email.

it should show in the scan log where it was before it vanished

I just run it again and most often it will complete a scan on the second run.

5. visiting

visiting Guest

This has been posted before, including myself. I too have seen instances of NOD starting and then the window just closes itself....poof it's gone. Perfectly clean machines, no infections. Been awhile though, thought with the newer versions that bug had been eliminated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.