NOD32 number of signatures in database since 18/11/2001

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pykko, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

That's what i meant too. It's a bit ignorant of Eset and haughty. And that I dislike. With a seven hours a week working department I find the updates during the weekend extemely rare. And's that's weird, isn't it.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET's virus lab receives samples globally of zoo, proof of concept, laboratory and other malware which has not been publicly-distributed in addition to telemetry data from the TheatSense network. Triage of incoming malcode is done on several criteria including availability, infectiousness, potential for damage and other risk factors.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. 4fun

4fun Registered Member

i start using Nod32 recently but i dont know how to update its virus signatures. it dont update automat and if i press update now button it shows update not required. and at the end if it start update it get only latest (present day) updates of 200kb (app). can somebody tell me whats wrong with it please help otherwise i have to start using norton again which i hate. please tell me how can i get max security (i mean virus signatures) from eset directly....

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

NOD32 has incremental updates. This means that much of the time the update files can be very small since they contain just the changes that need to be made.
    When you open the NOD32 Control Center and look in the Update module - what does it say for 'Version of virus signature database:' ?

5. 4fun

4fun Registered Member

thanx for your reply buddy
    the information in update module is up to date no problem in that but the virus defination folder in eset folder is too littel just 5.65mb not like in norton (300mb last version i had on my pc) thats why i am littel woried.
    Now i am getting one more problem my nod32's amon module don't start auto i have to start it manually after a system restart. Nod32 dont have any firewall so that i have installed zone alarm security suite (virus protection-DISABLED, spyware protection-ENABLED) is it can be a cause of my problem.
    please suggest me a way to get maximum old virus definations which i missed.
    thanx waiting for your reply....

6. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

My base is even smaller and is up to date.
    Norton always did tend to write things out long hand and is a resource hog because of it.
    :)

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Ok, agoretsky! Thx for the answer!
    Hope you do well on this triage of malwares. :D

8. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

If you have the current version then you already have all the definitions, even the old ones.
    For AMON open the Control Center and head to AMON --> Setup --> Security tab and than place a tick for 'Enable automatic startup of AMON'

Also, did you use the removal tools after the un-install of your old NAV?
    I would also suggest you take a look through the 'Extra setting for NOD32' thread at least once if you haven't already done so...

Cheers :)

9. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Update: 94260 signatures (v 1.1737 - 03/09/2006)
    51.07 signatures added/day.
    1.5 updates/day
    34.04 signatures per update. :D

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

And a lot of hidden generic signatures as well, for detecting unlimited number of new threats.

11. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I know that Marcos! :) I told you why have I made this thread but if it's something wrong I won't support it. ;)

12. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Update: 95299 signatures* (v 1.1763 (20060919) )
    61.117 signatures/day
    1.52 updates/day
    39.96 signatures/update

*This number does not includ subsignatures and reflects only the signatures from 2001 till today.

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well, pykko, I think its time for you to put up your own website and update it every day with a fresh number of signatures :D

No offense intended, but I do believe the thread will become cluttered if you come by every day and keep posting the number of signatures on this thread itself. :)

As such, it is important to remember that signature count meants nothing at all to an AV. It does not reflect its detection rates. :)

14. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, you're right. ;) and anyway these are not all of NOD32's signatures anyway. :)
    I'll keep on updating only the nod32sse.com website and that's it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.