NOD32 not detecting viruses

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mariomanning86, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariomanning86

mariomanning86 Registered Member

Hi I just got NOD32 to scan and clean my computer, (which definitely has a virus) but it didn't find anything in the scan.

I'm 100% positive I have a virus because I occasionally get the blue screen, many antivirus websites don't open, and my computer used to just restart randomly.

I think its possible that the virus is so deep that it affects my scans to avoid detection, but perhaps there is a dead giveaway of this in the scan log?

if i post the scan log, will someone be able to look over it and try to find any evidence of viruses?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest contacting customer care using the in-built support form and enclosing a log from SysInspector when submitting it. Was ESET installed on a clean system? In such case, chances of catching new malware are higher than if installed on an already infected computer.

3. mariomanning86

ok

it was installed on an already infected computer

4. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

mariomanning86,

Regardless of what you do with NOD32, you might want to download, install, and run Malwarebytes' AntiMalware (MBAM) and SuperAntiSpyware (SAS). Just download, install, update, and run the free versions of both. They do a good job and will probably find some things NOD32 doesn't. After running them, run NOD32 again.

I know MBAM can run in safe mode but not sure if SAS can (I'm sure others will let you know).

Good luck!

5. mariomanning86

sorry, those websites are blocked for me :(

thanks for the help though!

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Perhaps you can download save and install from another computer or usb drive. Interesting that Wilders isn't blocked though.

7. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

If those sites are blocked you probably have a conficker infection. Try the removal tool here:
    http://www.eset.com/download/free-virus-remover.php

Or try acquiring another conficker removal tool.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Create a log from SysInspector and let me know when done. I'll send you further instructions then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.