NOD32 no longer updating properly

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by BurtieLad, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loser

loser Registered Member

and despite my better judgment, i will post this.

i narrowed down what the problem was.

it was in fact HTTP checking.

since ALL of my internet was being filtered through the Ekrn.exe, my internet and thus my computer, was acting slow and sluggish.

i found this in my firewall logs when i noticed ekrn.exe was making 50-100 outbound connections.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  2. 2MA

2MA Registered Member

Im using v2.70 and like many I cannot update. I havent read through the entire thread as it is quite long but what was the solution to solving the update problems for v2.70?

Thanks

3. loser

loser Registered Member

so far, the only official solution is, upgrade to version 3.

4. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

That isn't true. V2.7 is running on our Servers and has updated automatically just fine. I never did any manual updates or any cache clearing. The process worked itself out all on its own given some time.

The official response is they are fully aware of the problem, they sorted it out and everything should be working now. Although it will not be supported forever, V2.7 is currently fully supported. Any expiration date has not been released but when it is, you will be given many months of notice.

If you are still having a problem, then you need to go through customer support.

5. wewe

wewe Registered Member

just enter a valid username and pass and everything will work fine

6. loser

loser Registered Member

i can quote several posts that macros and other eset company representatives have posted saying to upgrade to version 3 to fix the update problems.

seeing as it came outa their mouths, and they haven't posted an actually "fix" for 2.7, i would say that's the answer.

i have a valid license, it still isnt working, and version 3 isnt an option for me.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please PM me your username, it must be something wrong with your license as v2 should update fine.

8. creapure

creapure Registered Member

Hi Guys,

It looks like I'm having the same problem. Renewed my license for another two years and now I'm getting the message: "Invalid username and password".

Have also tried cleaning cache but no luck......

Any idea when this is going to be fixed o_O?

Cheers

Crea

9. Marcos

Please PM me your username. It must be a different problem as v3 has been updating fine for the last 5-6 days.

10. creapure

creapure Registered Member

Thanks Marcos... PM sent....

Cheers

Crea

11. DontPanic

DontPanic Registered Member

I have been out of the office but now that i am back it looks like everything is updating ok now.

Thanks

12. ipkonfig

ipkonfig Registered Member

Updating fine for me too :)

13. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Re: NOD32 updating properly

Updating is now oké since a few days. :D

14. gaby2300

gaby2300 Registered Member

It worked when I had a week update. It doesn't work at all for a day to day update (yesterday, August 3, I updated from the last time the program had updated authomaticly, July 27; but I wanted to update today August 4 because there is a new file, but this method doesn't work at all.

15. rothko

rothko Registered Member

I don't know if this is still the aftermath of the update problem, but since then I've sometimes found my V3 is missing an update. I have the scheduler set to update every 5 minutes, and the Scheduler shows it last ran at 15.40 today but the signatures were still at 3328, when i can see that 3329 was the lastet update according to the Update web page.

Nothing untoward showing in NOD32 Event Log, I clicked the Update button and it updated to 3329 immediately.

16. Marcos

Update 3329 was released less than an hour ago so most likely it's that the update task has not invoked a connection to the update servers yet. It tries to update in 1 hour intervals by default.

17. boedda

boedda Registered Member

got yesterday an infection , trojan, and malware

after that i detected the update virus signature of Nod32 works no longer....

i installed again NOD32 3.0642...

BUT CAN NO LONGER UPDATE....

NOD32 VERY BAD !!!!

18. The Gorilla

The Gorilla Registered Member

That's strange as for the last 5-6 days I have had problems updating.

Today I had to force an update in excess of 20 times in order to update from 3325 to 3329, along the way I was asked to enter my username and password twice. My license is valid until 2009.

Despite this grumble, this is the first real issue I have had with V3 so can't really complain

19. New2NAV

New2NAV Registered Member

I've had update problems since July 28 when I was on NOD32 v3.0.642; automatic updates quit working (had worked fine for the 3 months I've had NOD32) and manual updates only occasionally worked. I have had a ticket open and numerous messages exchanged with ESET Customer care since 7/28, and their only suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall the application. I did that and am now on 3.0.669, with exactly the same results. When I start up my laptop each day, Automatic Update results in a message that defintions are current when they are not. Manual updates seem to work, though not always on the first try. Customer Care response was to uninstall and reinstall again. I have a relatively simple environment, a laptop with XP Home Edition SP2 and very few other applications at the moment. I'm not extremely technical (perhaps this application is turning out to be a bit much for me), but I'm willing to try pretty much anything if someone has a suggestion since I really liked NOD32 before all this started. I realize many others have had this issue in the past week, but perhaps I missed a recommendation along the way which will help. Thanks.

20. slowofmind

slowofmind Registered Member

Thanks ronjor for the suggestion.
    It took a few days to download Version 3.0.669.0, because
    every time the download reached within the 90% completed range, the
    download aborted. (I do not know why.) (Note: I am using a dial-up line.)
    Since installing the new version (on 2008/08/02), I have had only two (2)
    antivirus signature database update failures. After some manual retries it updated.
    I am currently at virus signature database: 3330 (20080805).

Kinda longwinded way just to say that virus signature database update
    appears to be working. Sorry!

21. martini1179

martini1179 Registered Member

New2NAV, I'm in the same exact situation as you. Except that I didn't upgrade from v3.0.642, mostly because it has been working flawlessly since I got it, and I believe the real problem to be on ESET's side, and not some bug since suddenly EVERYONE started to have the same problem. I haven't had an automatic update in over a week, except this afternoon, when NOD upgraded itself to 3330. I have my update frequency set to check every 5 minutes, and 3331 has been out for a few hours now, but still no upgrade.

I'm thinking the only reason NOD updated itself was because I reinstalled it, but its beginning to sounds like my suprprise auto-update was a one-time thing. I'm running WinXP SP3.

What's going on, ESET?

22. 2MA

2MA Registered Member

How do I delete the update cahce?

23. martini1179

martini1179 Registered Member

Open up NOD32, press F5 to bring up the advanced menu. Then on the list to the left, click on "Update". On the right hand side, find "Clear update cache." This is for v3. If you have v2, it might be different.

24. natem50

natem50 Registered Member

Has anyone looked at the issue why updates aren't propagating across the LAN? My central server (Windows 2003 R2) receives the updates just fine now from the ESET servers. However, my clients (NOD32 3.0.657) won't pull the updates from our central server or our sendary servers. The clients receive a "Error downloading file from update server" message.

We have cleared the update cache and attempted to force updates to no avail. What I have found that works is restarting our central server. As soon as it's restarted, the clients begin pulling updates again for another day until the same problem happens again.

This all started with the ESET update issue a week ago.

25. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Make sure the Mirror directory is populating and that the timestamps are somewhat recent. Try stopping the RAS service, deleting the updfiles and mirror directories, restarting the service, and manually firing an update event in the server console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.