Nod32 license expires on the 18th; former NOD users, what did you go to and why?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by veri, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

can you post the memory useage of avk? when having the real time protection on?

2. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

i have used nod32, KIS 6, Avira Beta w/firewall and a couple of others, but these are my favorites. everyone says nod runns so well and so light, perhaps but when i did a system scan for whatever reason, cpu usage came way up (70%) i noticed for whatever reason during a scan mim.exe (Music Match) even though it wasnt running would jump up tp like (30%), by the way Avira would have the same thing happen with mim.exe. If i went to task manager and disabled mim.exe, cpu usage would drop to a normal level again. on Both Avira and Nod32, i asume both have great virus detection since i never got a virus and av-comparatives rates them as way above average.

Avira seems to run well but there are a couple of bugs with their firewall and anti-spam at the moment, they are supposed to get those things fixed very soon according to the moderator in the Avira forum. my main complaint with Avira is that it slows my internet connection down, i pay for enhanced broadband service (10mbps) with avira running i only average about 8mbps.

KIS 6 is my choice it has a couple of bugs, some pages dont open. getting back to speeds with KIS 6 i average above the 10mbps to average 3 to 4mbps more per second is very strange.

Anyway my choice is KIS 6, i understand there is going to be an update that is supposed to fix the issues with the minor bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.