NOD32 install problem.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wasa69, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wasa69

wasa69 Registered Member

I am a reseller of nod32 in Australia and have been using it for a number of years. Without any problems. Today I tried to install it on a sick PC loaded with spyware and running Norton internet security 2006 which was also loading incorrectly. I uninstalled Norton via the Add remove in control panel and rebooted and tried to install NOD. It got to the last part of the install and says "Please Wait The NOD32 installation wizard is finishing installation plaese wait"and then just sits there. On reboot it loads NOD but with errors and it will not run any scans. I spoke to support this afternoon and Craig suggested I use the Norton removal tools. I did this and tried to reinstall NOD and it still does the same. I tried reinstalling and then removing Norton but it made no difference. When I try to uninstall NOD it is not on the list in Add and remove, using the uninstaller on in the program menu just give me an error "(114) setup.xml file is damaged or missing"

I have run Anti vir and found and removed about 15 viruses I tried to use the online scanner from bitdefender and it would not install. I have downloaded and installed there trial version which has so far found 40 infections.

Nod is my preferred program and this client wants to purchase a copy but it won't install or uninsall. I would like to get in installed correctly and run its scanners to clean out this mess.

Can anyone please help?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Could you please try slaving that drive off a clean system running NOD32 and run a scan on the infected drive.

Then try a reinstall of NOD32 in "Safe Mode".

Cheers :D

3. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

4. wasa69

wasa69 Registered Member

Thanks I should have thought of that. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

5. wasa69

wasa69 Registered Member

Smith2006 I did try this after speaking to NOD support. I also retried it after reinstalling Norton. I'll try Black spear's suggestion and get back to you all. Thanks for the quick replies.

6. Blackspear

My pleasure.

Let us know how you go...

7. wasa69

wasa69 Registered Member

I did as directed and it will still not re install. The system allowed me to install KAV and it found another 6 infections and removed them. I removed the drive and scanned it on a NOD32 clean system as a slave and it found no more infections. NOD does not appear on the add remove list to uninstall and the uninstall utility will not remove the partial install. I tried to delete the ESET folder from the drive and it will not allow as nod32krn.exe is loaded and I can't end it in the task manager. I spoke to Australian support again this morning and we tried the above. Can anyone give me any other ideas. Thanks

8. Blackspear

Please reset your Registry Permissions as the infections you had most likely stripped these.

Then try installing NOD32 over the top of itself and uninstall and reinstall.

9. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

There should be a couple of ways to do this....the easiest is probably Start>Run>type in "msconfig"<enter>. The system configuration utility pops up. Select the Services tab and uncheck the NOD32 Kernel Service entry. Then select the Startup tab and uncheck the nod32kui entry. Hit Apply and restart. This should stop the launch of NOD32 and you should be able to delete things from there although I've not tried it.

Blue

10. wasa69

wasa69 Registered Member

Thanks Blackspear but it did not work either. The install is still hanging. I tried BlueZannetti's suggestion and was able to remove all but one file nodo_O.dll. I rebooted and tried another install and again it still hangs. It had MS defender installed I have removed it. It had Superantispyware installed when I tried the initial install and have since uninstalled it. One thing I did not mention the version is windows whistler I have not seen or heard of this version before. The machine is a HP Pavilion 720a. Any other ideas??

11. Blackspear

This is not a real version of Windows it is a former OLD BETA of the 32/64 bit windows.

During its development, Windows XP was called "Whistler", or as noted succinctly by Craig Beilinson, the lead product manager for Windows, in early 2000, "Whistler is the code name for the next iteration of Windows."

You should install an actual version of Windows on this machine.

12. wasa69

wasa69 Registered Member

:D Success I did an inplace repair install of XP Home as per the sticker on the case. Reinstalled NOD Uninstalled NOD reinstalled NOD and its working properly. Thanks for all your help guys.

Cheers:thumb:

13. Blackspear

Good to see, and thanks for letting us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.