NOD32 had problems removing the virus in my flash disk drive

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by emperorkhay, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emperorkhay

emperorkhay Registered Member

I have NOD32 2.7 installed on my computer and updated, and at the first scan on my flash it found 16 files, the infections where:
    1. win32/pacex.gen
    2.win32/Small.F
    3.win32/Pazetus.L
    4.win32/VB.NHI
    5.win32/PcClient.WI
    6.win32/RJump.A/B/C
    NOD32 couldn't repair the files but it deleted them and put in the quarantine.

The problem is that after that scan, I lost all the folders that I had in my flash drive. The situation seems to be reversible because when I try to see the occupied space it shows the space that I had before the scan. But the problems persists, I can't see the folders nor the files that I "lost".

The computer seems to be clean.
    Does anyone knows what is going on? Please I need those files...

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi emperorkhay, welcome to Wilders.

Try going to the Quarantine folder found inside System Tools of the NOD32 Control Panel and restore the files, then copy across the clean files that you require from your flash drive and see if that works.

Cheers :D

3. emperorkhay

Hello Blackspear

Thanks! I am very pleased to join such a great group.:thumb:
    Well about your hint: I tried to do that but the folders that where deleted don;t seem to be the real ones, because the quarantined files are .exe files but show the folder icon and show a 80kb size. They where infected by the win32/pacex.gen virus.

My flash disk has a capacity of 2gb. It shows that I have only 300 mb of free space but when I select all the files it shows a total of 12mb of ocupied space.
    All the folders that where created before the viral infection where deleted. But when I try to create a new folder with the name of the old (the folders that were deleted) windows says that the folder already exists (but I cant see it).
    A friend of mine told me to use a data recovery tool. Do you have any clue of what that is?

4. Blackspear

Ask him what tool he is using, or you can do a search on google. This is a FREE one.

5. melan

melan Registered Member

I had the problem with my USB media drive this is the way
    i solved it out.

Clean the disk with NOD32.

Now the folders will disappear. But actually the folders still exist. Now go to MY Computer right click on the drive and select "Open as Portable Media Device"

Now access the drive. But you cant open it from there. You have to copy it back to your hard drive and open from there.

using ACDsee 8 also you can view these folders.

Hope this helps..

6. emperorkhay

Hello wilders, Thanks for all your help!

I just wanted to say that I managed to get my files yesterday thanks to a data recovery tool called r-studio.
    I didn't try the melan hint yet. It would have been a good aprouch.

Many thanks to both of you guys. Hope I can help you someday too.

7. Blackspear

Good to see and you are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.