NOD32 for Exchange 2.7

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Bakker, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

Hello,

I've got a question for NOD32 for Exchange 2.7. We currently have a cluster of 2 machines that's running Exchange 2007.

Before mail reaches this cluster it's passed through another server (transport server). Ofcourse NOD32 does not recognise this as a mail server and thus we can not install NOD32 for Exchange on it.

We'd like to know how to proceed with installing NOD32 in this enviroment. Should we install NOD32 for Exchange on both nodes in the cluster? (since only one is active at a time).

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Installation on transport servers is supported. There's an option called "Scan transported messages" or something to that effect in the XMON setup; just enable it and XMON should scan transported email.

3. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!

During the install it sais that it can't find the exchange server and it won't install the XMON module... Is there something i'm overlooking?

Note we're talking about a windows transport server, not a linux one.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  4. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

A quick follow up:

In the documentation for nod 2.7 for exchange i do see an option named "Scan Transported Messages".. however this is part of the XMON module, and the XMON module will not install if msexchange is not found on the server.

Unless ofcourse you can activate it later anyway? I quit the installation when i was notified that XMON could not be installed on the transport server.

5. Marcos

I assume you're installing XMON on MS Exchange 2007 with the role of EDGE server. The EDGE role will be supported in the upcoming version of XMON based on v3. In theory, it should be possible to copy store.exe there and add path to it to the appropriate registry key, but this has not been tested.

6. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

Hello Marcos,

Is there an E.T.A on when 3.0 will be released? if this is not soon, is there a good way to install NOD32 on a cluster with MS Exchange? I've already logged a call with the dutch NOD32 support team but they notified me that this was above their head and that they would pass on the question to "NOD HQ". However it has been a while since i last heard from them =\

Thanks.

7. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

Bump.

8. Marcos

You can install XMON 2.71 on both Exchange servers in the cluster. A solution based on v3 is in the works, but will not be available any time soon (meaning the next few months).

9. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

Thank you marcos!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.