NOD32 Exchange Ver 2 Beta

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by HiltonT, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiltonT

HiltonT Registered Member

Hi All,

Glad to see that B3 fixes the memory leak that was present in B2. :)

Aside from this, the Exchange plugin is nice, but has a few issues that need to be addressed. Since the Beta forum is closed for new posts (even though the Exchange Plugin is in Beta), I suppose I'll post our findings in here.

If you set, on the Server, AMON to scan all extensionless files and receive an email with a zip file attachment that contains a virus (I tried this with the eicar test file) then AMON will find the virus in the zip file and pop up a requestor waiting for user input. This results in XMON being unable to process the email properly, leaving the virus in the attachment. Of course, if you do choose to delete the virus using AMON, then you fall into the usual "can't delete file", "new virus found", "delete", "can't delete file" loop that requires the user to close the AMON window down.

Admittedly, I prefer to configure AMON on all clients (and the server) to "Clean, if AMON cannot clean then delete". And this functionality is no longer present in AMON. Why has this been removed? It was the most useful setting - find a virus, attempt to clean it, and if it cannot be cleaned, delete the infected file.

As for Exchange, I really like the functionality of the NOD32 Ver 2.0 Exchange Plugin - it is infinitely easier and more logical to install than the Ver 1.0 plugin, looks like a regular part of NOD32, and has some really nice features (such as the "elevate priority of a message marked for reading" and also "rescan if not scanned with the current database".

Keep up the good work guys. This is looking like a really nice product.

- HiltonT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.