Nod32 eval questions..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bamber, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

@BrianN

In your sig:
    How do you get around NOD scanning and snapshot files or archive files?
    If a scan has been done and you are happy, then create new snapshot or archive, neither of these need further scanning while inactive

When I looked I could not see a way to exclude files. Is there?

Thx.
    Lbd

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You cannot exclude the multiple snapshots in NOD's on-demand scanner so it will scan ALL of them. Even so IME, it will still scan faster than other AV's as long as you do not have lots of snapshots.

FD creates a hidden folder called $ISR.

As a workaround, you could deselect the C: drive, and then add in each of the folders on the C: drive (except of course the $ISR one). A bit fiddly, but you'd only need to do it once as you can then save these settings for subsequent scans.

3. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

OK
    Thankyou.

For me currently using one partition for OS and data my snapshots are hefty :eek:

After SEtting up the scan as you suggest.
    Where are the "save settings" options

Thx

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

NOD32 works well, no problems on my PC. It is very light, it detects Rootkits, Spyware, Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Backdoors and other malware. It does not have an AntiSpam or firewall yet as BitDefender Pro/IS does.

Eset Security Suite will have a firewall and antispam along with anti-phishing, improved heuristics and possibly proactive protection. Pricing is not yet decided, though I believe it will be priced at US $59 or maybe lesser than that. All current NOD32 users will be offered an upgrade to the suite or just the NOD32 Anti-Malware system. :)

As such, I have licenses to both BitDefender Professional and NOD32, and they both work great, though NOD32 is quite faster during on-demand scans. :)

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Just IDS without firewall in v3 would be excellent in my opinion :) We'll see ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.