nod32 engine trojan- s

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by hemkop, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hemkop

hemkop Registered Member

Hello. I am a new user of nod32, but another user he told me that nod32 uses tds3 scan engine to detect trojans, thats why nod is so good, is this true or what? and the user hade nod for 5 years on his pc, so he is a old nod32 user. ?

2. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Hmmm interesting though I cannot say yes its true or no its not true, I always thought that Eset made their own Trojan engine. Also I know that TDS is from a Perth, Australian company and NOD (Eset) is from the Czech republic. But again what your saying could be correct.

On the other hand TDS has been discontinued as far as I know.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NOD32 uses its own engine only.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I think the translation into English became a little mixed up, as Eset and DiamondCS are 2 completely separate companies.

Cheers :D

5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Eset is from Slovakia to be exact, but Czech republic is almost the match :)

6. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Are you sure, I can guarantee you its from Czech. Is Slovakia and Czech the same country or different. I'm getting confused here gosh my geography is bad.

Hmmm looks like your correct:

Founded in 1992
    Global headquarters in Bratislava, Slovak Republic

But I'm sure that I saw somewhere their headquarters are in Praque, CZ which is Czech.

Ok this is where I went wrong:

Eset is a privately held company with offices in San Diego (USA), London (United Kingdom), Prague (Czech Republic) and its main headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia). Products of Eset are distributed in more than 80 countries of the world.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We all here know best since we live in Slovakia so don't try to persuade us that Czech is the same as Slovakia ;-) However, the truth is that 13 years ago Czechoslovakia was splitted into the Czech republic and Slovak republic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.