NOD32 - Easy CD Creator 5-P Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by COSMO26, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Win Me/Easy CD Creator 5-Platinum/LG 8080-B CD-RW supported- I made WAV Audio copies on the 11th and 12th but made 5 coasters yesterday with 5/5 failures. Today, I Disabled AMON and have made 3 without problems. Whether AMON "Off" success is Coincidence or not, how Risky is it to Disable AMON JUST for RECORD-mode Only if the successes continue with it Off? The older ECDC's are known for conflicts/glitches and I've done all the To-Do's to fight it. Thanks for any input.

2. Proactive Services

Proactive Services Registered Member

I use Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum but only for making data CDs, and they've been OK.

You could try creating a test temporary folder for Easy's working data, say C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Easy and adding that folder to NOD32's exclusion list.

Are you using the most up-to-date version of Easy? (I'm on 5.3.5.10v)

In my opinion, regularly disabling AMON would not be a good idea unless you disconnect the computer from the Internet/network (if you have one) beforehand. Although one can't waste too many CDs trying things out it would be better to solve the problem rather than work around it!

One other suggestion, depending on your OS, would be to try lowering the priority of the NOD32 processes before burning the CD. You can do this in the Task Manager, Processes tab by right-clicking a process and going into the Set Priority menu.

HTH

3. COSMO26

Thanks, HTH. I'm ECDC 5.3.5-P - - I don't believe Win Me has the Task Mgr capability you mentioned, and I presume Easy CDC "working data" are the WAV files I create from the original CD. Is your Exclusion idea as follows: If I made a File C:\Windows\My Documents\ECDC5-P\WAV and stored all copied WAV Files there, by Excluding that File in AMON, the "Record" process getting its data from the Excluded File would not be interfered with by AMON? This, of course, presumes AMON is the cause and that Disabling it and having "Record" Success is Not just a Coincidence. Thanks again for the response.

4. Proactive Services

In Easy's options you can change it's "working directory", which is where it copies all files before putting them on to a CD. If you try excluding this directory from NOD32's AMON scans then it might help if AMON is causing a delay that creates your CD coasters.

From what I understand having NOD32 exclude the original files will not make a difference as, said above, Easy copies them elsewhere before creating a CD.

5. COSMO26

Thanks. I need one more clarification. If I make an Image (.cif file) first and then Record from CD Image I specify that the Image file Save to the Adaptec folder. Dbl Clking it there brings up ECDC5-P; In Tools/Options the only "Working Directory" I think you can mean is the Temporary Files section where the Windows\Temp path is currently showing with ability to Browse/specify something else. If you're Recording from an Image, is the Temporary File path in Options Still Involved, OR Just the Adaptec Folder where the Image (.cif) resides? (I thought Test in Test & Record "Re-Wrote" to the hard drive before the CD-R, but don't know if straight "Record" or "Record from Image" involves that process). I'll understrand the AMON exclusion path after this answer. Sorry that my limited expertise requires more specifics than many others require.

6. Proactive Services

Sorry, I thought it specifically stated "Working directory", but you're right, it's "Temporary files" - this is the directory I meant for you to exclude.

I can't say for sure about using a pre-recorded image file, you would have to test to see if this is the case. I think it /would/ copy to the temporary directory, as it does this to overcome speed problems if you're using a slow medium like Zip drive/network share etc., and an image file could still be held there.

7. COSMO26

I'm with you now. Will make a WAV folder in Adaptec and Only Save Images there; Then will make another Folder Path in Tools/Options (not TEMP) and Exclude Both in AMON and see what happens. Will post asap. Thanks again.

8. COSMO26

Adam, we can put this issue to bed. I couldn't make any CD's yesterday with AMON disabled. It must be other conflict(s). I'll just purchase another simple program elsewhere as ECDC5-P is just too old to work reliably with the other Apps installed. Thanks for your responses.

9. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

Sounds like your CD burner might be going bad. Is it old?

10. COSMO26

It was born 7/01 with the Dell but has been used mostly for data backups every 3-4 weeks. It now works fine one day , the next "no success", the next fine. No idea how to prove intermmittent successes are from a dying Burner. I noticed yesterday that when making an Image that after 2 songs/10 the Progress bar was almost at a 100%, so the software was skipping a lot of steps; Did a Repair with the CD and then made a CD copy OK; I'll try today and see what mood it's in. Thanks for the interest.

11. COSMO26

I had failure and success on the 18th so there's no need to pursue this further. Will investigate a new app and appreciate the inputs.

12. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

The laser becomes weak after years of use. I think your CDRW drive is going (has gone?) bad. I speak from experience. You can get a new one pretty cheap and it should include burning software (mine included Nero Express, I don't recommend "upgrading" if prompted, they charge for updates/upgrades).

I bought a LiteOn CDRW ($25) that outperforms my old one by far (creates CDs about 5 times faster than my old one when it was new).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.