NOD32 does not startup with Windows

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JetSet, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetSet

JetSet Registered Member

HiTech Boy,thanks for the check list, I will print it out.
    In the mean time I am going to start to down load drivers and install them on my USB Flash Key to ready myself for a Windows fresh install.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it is good idea to print them :) Good luck ! :thumb:
    I hope you enjoy your NOD32 :thumb:

3. xp_1839

xp_1839 Registered Member

Set your Ad-Watch Event Log to manual from Automatic.
    Ad-Watch locked the registry to prevent changes!

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

For sure - if you haven't already checked to see how it's set.
    With 'Automitic' enabled there is not even notification unless you check the log - all changes are denied.
    With 'Automitic' disabled (as pictured) you should get a popup asking whether or not to allow the change. (which in this instance obviously you must permit if you want it to work)
    Just disabling Ad-Watch may not be enough since I've often noticed when it gets reactivated it will go ahead and respond (prompt or delete depending on the setting of automatic) to any changes at that time.
    If you use it IMHO, better to leave it enabled while doing installations but turn off automatic mode.

Cheers :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  5. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'd begin by verifying whether or not NOD32KUI.EXE was running, and whether or not the registry value for NOD32KUI.EXE was added to

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    as it should have been. (The value name is nod32kui)

Either that registry value is there or it is not. If it isn't, what other (in)security software might be running to interfere with it?

Check the easy stuff and work backwards. It's probably not the most efficient thing to begin addressing the issue by reinstalling every byte on your system.

6. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I am having the same. I manually add the reg entry and after a reboot its gone.
    That computer has only the XP firewall running.
    As long I do not shutdown windows, the entry is there. Once I restart, its gone and nod does not start. Drives me crazy.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Are you saying you are back to purely Windows and only NOD32, no other software on your machine?

If this is the case, its time for a disk check, and failing that a fresh install of Windows.

Cheers :D

8. softtouch

No, what I mean is, I do not have any software running like spysweeper etc. which could prevent the registry changes.
    Its also not always the case. I have restarted now and nod32 is there. After around 3/4 of all reboots, the registry key vanished and I have to manually add it again. I scanned the harddisks with Search & Destroy, with nod32, but no result. Also no unknown processes are running. Its like windows keep the registry in memory and does not write it back to disk.
    I dont know how to explain this in better english (I am not a native english speaker).

9. Blackspear

Could you please run a full Disk check of your system to check for Disk Errors.

You are doing fine with English, if ever were are uncertain we will ask for clarification.

10. softtouch

The harddisk is quiet new, just 2 month old. ChkDsk does not report any error. I will try to monitor the registry with RegmonNT to see WHEN it happen.
    Will report any result later, once the registry key vanish.

11. JetSet

JetSet Registered Member

Just to let those who were helping me know, that I am now back online.

Many thanks to all, for your suggestions.

I ended up reformatting my Hard Drive and did a fresh Windows install.
    After which I did all of the XP updates and then installed NOD32.
    After ensuring it was working properly,I then installed Zone Alarm Pro and my Anti Spyware software. All is working fine.

The cause of my problem must of been remanants of Bit Defender or not removing the Nod32 Trial software before installing the registered edition.

Thanks again to all.

12. Blackspear

Good to see JetSet, and that's for letting us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.