NOD32 detects AntiVir PE dropping a TrojanClicker??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by winx5, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winx5

winx5 Registered Member

Last weekend, I downloaded and scanned my computer with AntiVir PE.
    I didn't install it, I just extracted the install exe to my desktop with WinRAR.
    I updated it and maxed out all it's settings and did a full system scan, while eating dinner.

When I came back, Antivir PE was finished and AMON had given me a threat warning about AntiVir PE dropping a TrojanClicker in my temp dir!?!
    When looking in my temp dir, i couldn't find the file, so I used a program called File Scavenger, to try and find the file, if it was deleted. I couldn't find it.
    Neither could I find it in the Quarantine.... o_O

Antivir PE found three false positives on my HD, none had the name TrojanClicker.
    But I'm thinking, if Antivir PE doesn't find any malware on a person's HD, would it then drop a malware on that person's HD to push him to buy Antivir PE Premium??

Can some other NOD32-heads please try the same as me, to see if this occurs more times?

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/446/avwin0wu.th.jpg

2. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

You shouldn't run more than ONE AV-Software on a computer!

Normal thing!

3. waters

waters Registered Member

I run antivir as backup with no problems.

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

What I understood from the posting by winx5, is that AntiVir was doing a scan while NOD32 was still resident.

When you want a back-up scanner to do an on-demand scan, you should at least temporarily disable your resident scanner !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.