NOD32 detects AntiVir PE dropping a TrojanClicker??

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by winx5, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winx5

winx5 Registered Member

Last weekend, I downloaded and scanned my computer with AntiVir PE.
    I didn't install it, I just extracted the install exe to my desktop with WinRAR.
    I updated it and maxed out all it's settings and did a full system scan, while eating dinner.

When I came back, Antivir PE was finished and AMON had given me a threat warning about AntiVir PE dropping a TrojanClicker in my temp dir!?!
    When looking in my temp dir, i couldn't find the file, so I used a program called File Scavenger, to try and find the file, if it was deleted. I couldn't find it.
    Neither could I find it in the Quarantine.... o_O

Antivir PE found three false positives on my HD, none had the name TrojanClicker.
    But I'm thinking, if Antivir PE doesn't find any malware on a person's HD, would it then drop a malware on that person's HD to push him to buy Antivir PE Premium??

Can some other NOD32-heads please try the same as me, to see if this occurs more times?

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/446/avwin0wu.th.jpg

2. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

You shouldn't run more than ONE AV-Software on a computer!

Normal thing!

3. waters

waters Registered Member

I run antivir as backup with no problems.

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

What I understood from the posting by winx5, is that AntiVir was doing a scan while NOD32 was still resident.

When you want a back-up scanner to do an on-demand scan, you should at least temporarily disable your resident scanner !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.