NOD32 creating temporary profiles?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by afitzwater, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afitzwater

afitzwater Registered Member

On Saturday I deployed NOD32 to all of our Windows 7 computers. On that day, our computers would start logging in with temporary user profiles on a couple computers. Now, a few days later, nearly all of our computers with Windows 7 are having that problem. A reboot will typically fix this issue, but it will most definitely happen again to the same computer throughout the day. Any idea what could be causing this? Is there a config setting I can use to fix it?

2. afitzwater

Searching the forums, it seems this was once an issue that was fixed July 2010. A little about my environment.

It's a computer lab on a domain, Windows 7 (all 32-bit), they auto-login as domain user "Lab" when the computer is restarted. The computer is restarted each time the user is finished.

I tried pushing out a group policy not allowing the computer to login with temporary profiles. It still logs in. I check the client and it is getting the group policy setting.

3. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

Maybe I have overlooked the info: What version of NOD32 have you deployed?
    As you have found out by yourself the temporary profiles issue was fixed in mid 2010 (and I haven't seen it happen again since that time).

4. afitzwater

5. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi afitzwater,

From the changelog, I see this was fixed in July 6, 2010 - 4.2.40 — 4.2.58 - "Fix: Creation of temporary profiles on Windows 7 system".

I'd suggest to open a ticket with the support department in your country, so that this can be investigated further.

Thank you.

6. afitzwater

Looks like my domain policy for preventing temp profiles kicked in, so I am good to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.