Nod32 Command Line Scanner

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by r4v3n, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r4v3n

r4v3n Registered Member

Hello All,

Before I continue, please forgive me if this question has already been posted elsewhere/if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

I'm interested in adding the NOD32 engine to my collection of scan engines, to scan my virus collection before i trade. But I couldnt find a decent commandline scanner from NOD32. I managed to take the command line scanner out of one of the NOD32 AV products, but I have no clue as to where I can download the updates from.

I tried the Nod32 for DOS, but I'm not too fond of it because it opens a seperate console in the command prompt and this is not suitable in an automated environment. All I would like to do is scan a file using Nod32 in the command line, and would like it to tell me if the file is infected or not. I would also like to get the updates from the site.

Is this possible, if yes where do i get the product/updates from, if not its not a problem.

Thanks in advance
    -Raven

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi r4v3n, as your question relates to the latest verion of Nod32 I have moved your question into this forum.

Cheers

Blackspear :D

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

To get updates you need to purchase a licence and use the update function from within the NOD32 Control Center (which is normally automated).
    For configuring a scan from command line, try -->this<-- post from Extra settings for Nod32 for command line switches etc. Actually, the whole thread is a worthwhile read.
    HTH :)

4. r4v3n

r4v3n Registered Member

Ok...this does'nt look entirely like a command line option. Looks like i'll still have to use the GUI.

"To get updates you need to purchase a licence and use the update function from within the NOD32 Control Center (which is normally automated)."

I have seen the Nod Dos scanner, which i guess is given with a free trial. How does one go about updating that one ? I mean..there's no GUI at all in the DOS version, and you dont need to purchase it to download the signatures.

Typically this is what i'm trying to accomplish...

Setup multiple scanners, scan my collection and get one log file which would tell me what AV is detecting the file as what. Kind of like a "virus total" or a "Jotti Scan".

While scanners like eTrust, Mcafee, Sophos, Trend, Kaspersky have win32 command line parameters where i can configure them AND update them manually by going to their respective FTP sites, I could'nt figure how i can get this done for Nod :)

I also dont have to "install" these products to get the command line function work. I was wondering if Nod had this feature too. I mean...i know that Nod has genuinely been improving in terms of their features and their detection rate, so just wanted to add that engine too, to scan my collection.

I hope my situation was understood & i hope someone can help me.

5. kyraseas

kyraseas Registered Member

Hi R4v3n,

I'm looking for just the same as you, a command line or GUI to update the Nod32.

Have you found anything about this?

Thanks.

6. r4v3n

r4v3n Registered Member

Hi kyraseas,

Nope..couldnt find a way to do it. I dont use NOD32 to scan my collection :rolleyes:

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Of course you could use the Windows version with all automatic protection modules not loaded at all (gray, not red), let it update as it will and invoke the on-demand scanner via command line. Any line in the log file you have specified that starts with the files/s you are scanning (or path to them depending) and does not end in 'is OK' must be a detection...

Should be pretty easy in fact somewhere Marcos talked about the exit codes when calling the on-demand scan via command line, so it would not even be necessary to have your script check the log file in such a way in all cases...

HTH :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.