NOD32 close without...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sir_carew, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    I discover a thing about NOD32 2.0 for Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003.
    I'm running Win XP Home Edition and if you click control+alt+supr in the task bar, if you choose end nodkrn.exe and nodkui.exe, NOD32 end the process without a message, etc, others AV, Firewall, like KAV, ZaPro, if you click on the respective taks and you try to end it, it's impossible.
    What happend if a new virus not detected heuristically by NOD try to finalyze nodkrn.exe and nodkui.exe?
    Best Regards,
    Sir_carew

2. DiGi

DiGi Registered Member

Do you have nod32krn installed as Service? I have Win2000/XP with Admin account and I CAN'T stop nod32krn.exe (I can kill nod32kui.exe but it is only User Interface - you will be protected when is kui stopped).

3. sir_carew

Yes, I've nodkrn.exe as service, and I can kill it without problems :'(.

4. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

yes yes yes!!! I had post it already and DiGi do not believe me, that I can close nod32krn.exe and nod32kui.exe without any problems and message or so.
    Simple with the taskmanager in windows xp pro sp1!

@DiGi you don't know, I can close it and other people, too! (see my thread!!)

bye

iNsuRRecTioN

5. sir_carew

Yes, you're correct. But I'm discover a think:
    My Win is XP Home E SP1 and if you're logged in a limited account, you can't close nodkrn.exe, however if you're logged in a administrator account, you can close both nod executables without problems :'(.
    In what languaje do you have Windows?, I've Win in Spanish and NOD 2.0 in English. I test the spanish version of nod and also have it issue.
    Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.