Nod32 causes a BSOD

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by flyingkiwi, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingkiwi

flyingkiwi Registered Member

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction. I recently built a new PC and loaded Win 7 32 bit on it. All was fine until I installed Nod V4 - since then I keep getting random BSOD - memory_management. So i thought it was RAM etc and tried all the tests I could but same result. It all stopped when I removed Nod.

So then I decided I wanted to use more RAM so reformatted with Win 7 64bit - downloaded the Nod64 bit installer and loaded - now I am getting random crash's and BSODs again.

I am a NOD fan and have it on 3 other Win 7 PCs without a hassle - there is something on mine that is making Nod unhappy - anyone else run into this? One thing I did note is i had just opened Outlook when it crashed - could this indicate the Nod - Outlook part getting cranky?

My specs are:

i5 720 CPU
    4Gb G.Skill 1600 C9 RAM
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R Mobo
    9800GX2 GPU
    Win 7 (64) / XP 32) dual boot

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Which version 4 did you install? Does installing EAV 4.2.22 make a difference?

3. flyingkiwi

I installed the latest 64 bit available from the nod32 site - not sure what version it is.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

EAV 4.2.22 beta 64-bit can be downloaded from here. It's been proven to be perfectly stable during the beta testing and no serious problems have been reported. Should the problem with BSOD persist, it's very likely it's caused by another driver that interferes with EAV drivers and we'd need to get a memory dump for perusal.

5. flyingkiwi

Thanks Marcos - downloading now.

I think you will be correct in thinking ESET is being affected by another driver on this system. Hopefully we can nail it :)

Will post back how it goes later.

6. flyingkiwi

So far been 3 days and no BSOD. Seems the Beta is a little more stable then the last release in my case.

But - and there is always a but.... now I get the Nod32 isn't working and it goes red in the task bar - the only way to fix it is to reboot which then prompts a file scan on C Drive and reports a Discscan (that doesnt find anything).

Something is fubar with Nod.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.