NOD32 can't update virus definitions while user is not logged in on PC

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by giovanna_st, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giovanna_st

giovanna_st Registered Member

Can anybody knows some trick how to make NOD32 update virus definitions when user is not logged in on computer? I have clients that are just for some service purposes and I must login to update definitions. Thanks in advance.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Updates should work fine even if no user is logged in as long as the kernel service is run in the local system account (by default) and you don't update from a network share without specifying logon credentials.

3. giovanna_st

Hello, thank you for the reply. I use Remote Administrator server and network share for updates... Any suggestion?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Is there a problem updating via HTTP? This way you'll circumvent problems with authentication when no username/password for accessing the shared mirror folder is entered on clients. For more information, read this KB article.

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If you are distributing updates via a file share, make sure the Domain Computers or Everyone security group has read access to that directory. The software performs the update using the computer object's security credentials. Otherwise, use HTTP.

6. giovanna_st

I will try both methods, read access to the share and HTTP. Thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.