nod32 can't support 7z and tar

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Don johnson, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don johnson

Don johnson Registered Member

7-ZIP is an open source software,more and more people have used it,but nod32 can't support 7z and tar.It's not very convenient.I hope nod32 can support them ASAP.

2. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi Don,

as long as AMON is running everytime you unzip/decompress a file it's scanned inmediately... you'r protected.

3. berng

berng Registered Member

Which bring to me this question? What's the point of a weekly scan if Amon will catch them anyway?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We actually plan to add 7-zip support in the future.

5. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi berng,

if you are working at FolderA.... amon is scanning in real time that folder... but your "entire hard drive" is not monitored in realtime...so here come your weekly/complete scan.

NOTE: AMON monitor files system or any file beeing used/opened/created/modified (as per setting).

6. berng

berng Registered Member

I know if you're not working on a file you will not know that a virus is there. But is that important? When you actually use the file, it will be caught.

It seems to me the only advantage of recurring scans is that this will identify malware before the actual use of that file. Are there any other advantages for scanning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.