NOD32 can use together with NIS 2006???

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mimijo, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimijo

mimijo Registered Member

Hi all,

i have just bought the NOD32 Antivirus System and Outpost Firewall Pro Version 3.0....was previously a ex-norton user here...

My question is:

I have tried out Outpost Pro Firewall, and its too confusing for me...I don't know anything regarding those firewall's rules etc...I will like to switch back to my Norton Internet Security 2006 (bcos Norton Personal Firewall is not avail in my country's store) but using NOD32 as my antivirus scan...

Is is possible to use NOD32 Antivirus System with Norton Internet Security 2006? I know that Norton Antivirus is Included in Norton Internet Security but I only want to use the NOD32 as my real-time antivirus scan...

Can I don't install/disable the Antivirus in NIS 2006 so that I can use my NOD32? I have checked my NIS 2005 Guide book, but there isn't any option
    for me to choose "NOT to install NAV during installation"o_O

By the way, what is Resident and On-Demand Scanner?
    Can I have 2 Antivirus on my computer??

So sorry for my long post, bcos I am afraid that I will damage/crash my computer if I install NOD32 with NIS 2006...so was asking to confirm everything before I install them together...

Pls advise....thanks in advance!!!

2. mimijo

mimijo Registered Member

to add:

I am staying in singapore, and most of the software stores only sell NIS or Mcafee's product...so I don't have much of a stand-alone personal firewall...

I will be considering Mcafree Personal Firewall Plus but its does not have ad-blocking function and parental control function...so thats why i am going back to NIS 2006...

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.