NOD32 BOOT SECTOR ERROR

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ifie, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifie

ifie Guest

Hi all,

When i tried to scan files using NOD32 v2.5 it gives me this error...

"Error occurred while scanning active boot sector of the 1. physical disk. Error reading sector."

I have also attached the full log image as below;

img527.imageshack.us/img...od32error3ga.jpg

Tried to scan single files of different extensions but all results in the same error. Have not done a manual scan on files since installing it since i only use its auto-protect features.

Its a notebook running win xp sp2 (not dual boot) but without any card reader or printer attached to it. Only have a mouse attached via usb

Any help?

2. Peter James

Peter James Guest

3. ifie

ifie Guest

4. NODis4ME

NODis4ME Guest

I have the same error, except that mine says 2.physical disk. On my machine it is caused by the fact that my zip drive has no disk in it. You will find this to be the cause of your error as well. You have some sort of removable disk that is not inserted. This error has been in NOD32 for a long time now, but it should not be anything to worry about.

5. ifie

ifie Guest

Thanks for that, so the virus scan will be functioning as normal even though it displays this message? I don't have any external card reader or drive attached to my notebook, only an external mouse.

I'm glad theres nothing to worry about.

6. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

You probably have some partitions set up on your hard drive. You can check by looking here:

* Start
    * Control Panel
    * Administrative Tools
    * Computer Management
    * Storage
    * Disk Management

If you have 2 or more partitions setup, it's certainly why you're seeing the message in the Scanning Log. You could try a program like Partition Magic to remove them, but if the partitions need to be there for a reason (ie: they were setup by the computer's manufacturer), then you'll probably have to leave things how they are and just ignore the message each time you run a scan with NOD32. It won't affect the scan or your machine adversely.

Bandicoot.

7. altea

altea Registered Member

hello,
    i ve exactly the same error message with nod anytimes i make a scan
    im happy to know its not serious and doesn t affect antivirus work but
    ive always have 2 partitions and this error has just appeared now after a re installation
    could it be fixed soon with an update for example ??

thanks!

8. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I don't think this can be solved with an update for NOD32

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please read Bandicoots post above yours.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.