NOD32 av question in comparison to a detail that KAV7.0 did

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kelkay, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

I noticed when running NOD32, which I just purchased that it doesn\'t seem to run a connection for any open ports to block hackers from getting in as easy like Kaspersky(KAV 7.0-not a firewall) has. I wonder if NOD32 does this at all? Also I do not see any forums listed for customers to ask questions like many av programs have for their customers. I already have a firewall, but when I tried out KAV 7.0 it would (AV ONLY) see an open port, and make a connection to keep some hacker from getting in as easy. I have a firewall that shows all connections to it, and puts in what program is currently using a connection, or shows local/remote addresses. When I ran KAV with it, it showed this, and I wondered why, so I googled to find out that that is what it was doing. I am happy with my present firewall and do not wish to get an eset firewall, or package. I am just wondering if KAV is the only one doing this? If not does ESET plan to do this in the future? I just bought NOD32 so I will not be changing to KAV7.0 I find it more challenging to use than NOD32. (not in a good way)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , it doesn't.

Actually , you are currently posting in this one . Wilderssecurity hosts ESET spol s.r.o 's and ESET LLC's official support forum .

Generally speaking , checking for open ports in not an AV's job .I personally don't know of such behaviour for Kaspersky .

3. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

ekrn.exe is a ESET program, and it seems to be working like KAV 7.0 on firewall status, I am still waiting on an answer about this...it is showing on my firewall as a connection, in many instances it is showing in multiple events.
    I found out from ESET all it is doing is that the programs has all outbound programs going through it. So it does not work like the KAV.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  4. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

If not does ESET plan to do this in the future? >>>>>>>

DOES ESET Tech staff ever monitor this forum? Surely they must since there is no support otherwise. I am new, and need this straightened out. Thank you.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

V2 / EAV / ESS has a sort of intrusion detection system against attacks from Codered, SqlSlammer, Sasser as well as RPC/DCOM attacks. If you want to have advanced control over network connections, you'll need to install ESS or another firewall.

6. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

I just bought a new firewall, and this anti-virus..NOD32. I will not be buying anything else for a year. Thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.