NOD32 av question in comparison to a detail that KAV7.0 did

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kelkay, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

I noticed when running NOD32, which I just purchased that it doesn\'t seem to run a connection for any open ports to block hackers from getting in as easy like Kaspersky(KAV 7.0-not a firewall) has. I wonder if NOD32 does this at all? Also I do not see any forums listed for customers to ask questions like many av programs have for their customers. I already have a firewall, but when I tried out KAV 7.0 it would (AV ONLY) see an open port, and make a connection to keep some hacker from getting in as easy. I have a firewall that shows all connections to it, and puts in what program is currently using a connection, or shows local/remote addresses. When I ran KAV with it, it showed this, and I wondered why, so I googled to find out that that is what it was doing. I am happy with my present firewall and do not wish to get an eset firewall, or package. I am just wondering if KAV is the only one doing this? If not does ESET plan to do this in the future? I just bought NOD32 so I will not be changing to KAV7.0 I find it more challenging to use than NOD32. (not in a good way)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , it doesn't.

Actually , you are currently posting in this one . Wilderssecurity hosts ESET spol s.r.o 's and ESET LLC's official support forum .

Generally speaking , checking for open ports in not an AV's job .I personally don't know of such behaviour for Kaspersky .

3. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

ekrn.exe is a ESET program, and it seems to be working like KAV 7.0 on firewall status, I am still waiting on an answer about this...it is showing on my firewall as a connection, in many instances it is showing in multiple events.
    I found out from ESET all it is doing is that the programs has all outbound programs going through it. So it does not work like the KAV.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  4. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

If not does ESET plan to do this in the future? >>>>>>>

DOES ESET Tech staff ever monitor this forum? Surely they must since there is no support otherwise. I am new, and need this straightened out. Thank you.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

V2 / EAV / ESS has a sort of intrusion detection system against attacks from Codered, SqlSlammer, Sasser as well as RPC/DCOM attacks. If you want to have advanced control over network connections, you'll need to install ESS or another firewall.

6. kelkay

kelkay Registered Member

I just bought a new firewall, and this anti-virus..NOD32. I will not be buying anything else for a year. Thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.