NOD32 AV Process Exclusion?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dimarcoa, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dimarcoa

dimarcoa Registered Member

Hi, I am currently using NOD32 Antivirus and was wondering if there is any way of excluding a process from the real-time scanner or startup scans.
    ESET KB says you should exclude either the executable file or the folder that contains that file for the process to be ignored by NOD32, but that does not seem to work and the CPU isn't very happy about it...
    Any ideas?
    I was also considering an upgrade to NOD32 v.5, anybody know if they plan to implement this feature in that release? I can't find it anywhere in the press release of product datasheet.

Thanks for any tips you might have!

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

NOD32 version 5 doesn't support process exclusion, only file and folder exclusion. I've no idea whether ESET are planning to add this in feature in a future release. Avira and MSE support process exclusion in addition to file and folder exclusion and it would be useful if NOD32 also had this feature.

3. dimarcoa

Uhm... Great! For me this is turning out to be quite important since sometimes the CPU really gets stuck with NOD32 running at 70/80%...

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Under what circumstances are you seeing this issues? Does disabling real-time protection (just for a test) make a difference?

5. dimarcoa

Sorry for the delay...
    I notice the process ekrn.exe spike up mostly when the CPU is already pretty busy. That's why I think it's still scanning the processes I want to "white-list".
    I haven't tried disabling it, but I can see a difference between the computers running NOD and those that don't have it installed.
    Let me clarify: I am using a few XenApp servers, each of these is running a handfull of applications but each application is opened by several users at the same time. These applications I am absolutely sure are safe as they are written in-house.
    On a few machines I have installed NOD32, on a few there is no antivirus. The load is equally distributed from a management application. On these computers there is nothing else running except my applications, windows and all dependent processes and services and NOD32 where installed.
    I notice a very marked difference in efficiency between the machines with and without NOD32. Machines with NOD32 are unable to cope with more than half the load of "unprotected" machines. This is not acceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.