Nod32 AV beta2 v.3.0.290.0 and MS Office Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Gas, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gas

Gas Registered Member

Installed Eset's Nod32 (Antivirus beta2) v.3.0.290.0 after I uninstalled v.2.70.39 (licensed version),
    I was asked to unistall v.2.7 during beta's installation.

My O/S is Win Vista (Business) and my e-mail client Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.

So far so good
    Nod 32 (AV) runs just fine, :)
    scans a lot faster than the previous version

no problems while browsing in either IE7, FF 2.0.0.7 or Opera 9.5 ,

no problems while downloading,

I can send and receive e-mails just fine

but

when I try to test my e-mail client (that is) send an e-mail to myself,
    it get's "stuck" in the Outbox folder and it would not move (except if I delete it).o_O Why??

This doesn't happen if I use Windows mail.

Excellent s/w keep up the good work.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback
    Definitely a Nod32 problem.
    I went to Setup---> Email protection --->and unchecked the Send mail box.

This is a glitch only with Nod32 AV (v.3), Win Vista and MS Office Outlook 2003.
    I tested Nod32 AV (v.3)in Win XP and MS Office Outlook 2003 works just fine.

Searching the problem I came across this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291613/en-us?spid=2520&sid=1121
    but I could not fix it since Nod32 blanked out (made unusable) Work With Headers, and Download Headers.

Trying to build a good and all in one security tool is a tremendous task :doubt: and I only hope that along the way the excellent (antivirus tool) does not disappear o_O

---------------------------------------------------------
    More Feedback

As the people at eset.sk where getting ready to help (really nice of them) :) I managed to fix the problem.
    In Nod32 Antivirus Setup Main column (on the left) in Email protection ->Microsoft Outlook,I went to the right column below Email Protection and in the "Action to take on specific email type", all I did was check and un -check the "Scan plain text email body" box.

Thank you Mr J.M:thumb:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. cookie1977

cookie1977 Registered Member

This still hasnt fixed it for me. I mean it works but once i restart the computer the problem is still there and i've to repeat the process. It's driving me crazy. Any other solutions? Please Help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.