Nod32 AV beta2 v.3.0.290.0 and MS Office Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Gas, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gas

Gas Registered Member

Installed Eset's Nod32 (Antivirus beta2) v.3.0.290.0 after I uninstalled v.2.70.39 (licensed version),
    I was asked to unistall v.2.7 during beta's installation.

My O/S is Win Vista (Business) and my e-mail client Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.

So far so good
    Nod 32 (AV) runs just fine, :)
    scans a lot faster than the previous version

no problems while browsing in either IE7, FF 2.0.0.7 or Opera 9.5 ,

no problems while downloading,

I can send and receive e-mails just fine

but

when I try to test my e-mail client (that is) send an e-mail to myself,
    it get's "stuck" in the Outbox folder and it would not move (except if I delete it).o_O Why??

This doesn't happen if I use Windows mail.

Excellent s/w keep up the good work.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback
    Definitely a Nod32 problem.
    I went to Setup---> Email protection --->and unchecked the Send mail box.

This is a glitch only with Nod32 AV (v.3), Win Vista and MS Office Outlook 2003.
    I tested Nod32 AV (v.3)in Win XP and MS Office Outlook 2003 works just fine.

Searching the problem I came across this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291613/en-us?spid=2520&sid=1121
    but I could not fix it since Nod32 blanked out (made unusable) Work With Headers, and Download Headers.

Trying to build a good and all in one security tool is a tremendous task :doubt: and I only hope that along the way the excellent (antivirus tool) does not disappear o_O

---------------------------------------------------------
    More Feedback

As the people at eset.sk where getting ready to help (really nice of them) :) I managed to fix the problem.
    In Nod32 Antivirus Setup Main column (on the left) in Email protection ->Microsoft Outlook,I went to the right column below Email Protection and in the "Action to take on specific email type", all I did was check and un -check the "Scan plain text email body" box.

Thank you Mr J.M:thumb:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. cookie1977

cookie1977 Registered Member

This still hasnt fixed it for me. I mean it works but once i restart the computer the problem is still there and i've to repeat the process. It's driving me crazy. Any other solutions? Please Help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.