NOD32 Argument needed for "Free download Manager"

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Seal8, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seal8

Seal8 Registered Member

Recently purchased NOD32. I use a download program called 'Free Download Manager that lets you use your Anti Virus program to auto scan each download when completed.
    I need to show the path to Nod32.exe which I have done and to include the 'Arguments' which will allow NOD32 to auto scan the downloaded file.
    I'm getting an error message: Incorrect command line parameter: /SE.

Could you tell me what the Argument/Command Line Parameter is for NOD32 to auto scan a completed download file?

Or is there a way within NOD32 to configure NOD32 to auto scan any new file/download?

Thanks.

Great Product by the way.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I would think IMON would scan anything you download so you are probably well protected already.

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I would suggest the following but you may wish to modify it to your own preference:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32.exe" /scanfile+ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /cleanmode /prompt /delete /clean /quarantine /heur+ /heurdeep /log+ /mailbox+ /pack+ /scanmbr- /scanboot- /scanmem- /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /quit+ /list+ /break- /selfcheck+ /pack+ /unwanted
    IMHO, the best there is.

Cheers :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I presumed the same and I download quite a bit of stuff from the internet. Would someone know the answer for sure? Or should I look around for a download manager that has NOD32 scan every downloaded file as well?

BTW- are there some file types that NOD32 does not scan?

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you considered using a short ("8.3") path specification to launch the NOD32.EXE file? Based on your previous post, it would look something like:

"C:\PROGRA~1\ESET\NOD32.EXE /scanfile+ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /cleanmode /prompt /delete /clean /quarantine /heur+ /heurdeep /log+ /mailbox+ /pack+ /scanmbr- /scanboot- /scanmem- /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /quit+ /list+ /break- /selfcheck+ /pack+ /unwanted

Did that make any difference for your download manager?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.