NOD32 Antivirus On-Demand runs after computer restart

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Altramarine, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altramarine

Altramarine Registered Member

Hi there.

I am having a strange problem where NOD32 Antivirus starts (randomly) an On-demand scan after computer is rebooted.
    The reason it is strange is

1. My Default Server Policy (in ERAC) which is being pushed to all clients, has only ONE On-Demand Scan scheduled which activates every Wednesday at a certain time.
    2. Some machines stick to the schedule and do not run any On-demand scans until the Wednesday no matter how many times I reboot the machine. Others, start on-demand scan after a reboot with no rhyme or reason behind it.

At first I thought it might have been the default on-demand scan which are normally hidden in the scheduler which I believe (not 100% sure) disabled.
    Then, I thought it might be because the computer was not on for the scheduled scan, but that is not the case.

I am at a loss, please help! Why the heck is it doing for me? Is it a bug? What am I missing?

NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.76.0
    ERAS 4.0.138.0
    ERAC 4.0.138.0

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

If you look at the configuration of the actual antivirus client, and not just the ESET RA policy, can you see any additional scheduled scans, that you may not be aware of?

Are the scans configured to run as soon as possible? or to run immediately if the time since last execution exceeds a specified interval?

Please contact ESET Support directly, in order that we can have you submit some diagnostic files, or receive remote support, if required.

3. Altramarine

Altramarine Registered Member

Thanks for the response.

On the client there are 4 scheduled jobs:

1. Regular Automatic Update (default)(checked)
    2. Automatic Update after dial up connection (default)(checked)
    3. Automatic Update after user logon (default)(not checked)
    4. Computer scan (custom)(checked) <- runs at predefined time once a week

The task #4 is scheduled to run "as soon as possible".

Not sure which of these is cause my troubles, not obvious to a naked eye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.