NOD32 Anti-Virus v4 System Updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Peorth, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peorth

Peorth Registered Member

I just got my first look at the system update notification today since upgrading to v4, and while it seems to work good I came across a bug in it's implementation. When you get the popup window there is a button that you press to open the windows update site, but instead of opening the link in IE (the only browser that it works on) it opens the site on the default browser, in my case firefox. This seems like a small oversight but it does render the update button useless on systems that don't use IE by default.

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

I don't know if it would work with this particular function of NOD, but I am usually able to collect Windows Updates using the IETab addon with Firefox

If you don't already have IETab, it might be worth installing it and seeing if it makes any difference.

3. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

It does. I have IE Tab installed and all microsoft sub-domains auto-enabled. When I click the link it opens Firefox and redirects through IE Tab.

Perfect, but you're right, in that it should be using IE, regardless of whether it's the default browser or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.