NOD32 AND SPYWARE

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rothko, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rothko

rothko Registered Member

apparently they dont, at least not at the moment. Not sure if other adware/malware apps detect it as such

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

just wondered - we have clients (web hosting) with mail issues due to the way it proxies up the mailserver connection - we simply won't support it as a mail client - it also has a large number of privacy concrns, but that doesn't stop many users downloadnig and installing it... much like bonzi... clients with those kinds of problems cost us the most to support - ergo, a long list of software applications that we simply won't support!

The trouble with identifying those kinds of ad/malware - is that they really aren't destructive - but I would like them considered pestware, or privacy abusers by as many tools as possible!

3. rothko

rothko Registered Member

doing a quick search in google for incredimail does bring up suggestions that it should be classed as malware, though it doesnt seem to be unanimous.

this sort of goes back to my original post - if nod32 is going to be classed as a useful program in the fight against malware shouldnt it be finding and removing the most common/most dangerous threats? Happy Bytes explained about the priorities and I agree there, I definately would not want to see the qualities of nod32 as an antivirus tool compromised for the sake of malware detection as i use other programs for that - albeit 3 other programs as each one misses threats that the others find...and these are dedicated malware programs.

4. Hekx

Hekx Registered Member

There could always be a seperate component for NOD32 or even a seperate program that runs in companionship with NOD32 to remove spyware/malware/annoyware real-time and on-demand - now that I would be open to pay for!

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

That pretty much sums up the point of this thread for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.