nod32 and port magic

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mango, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mango

mango Registered Member

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

3. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

mango,
    If I were you I would ask for the "detailed" version of the explanation so that Eset have either a chance to respond (in a technical way) or a chance to explain why they don't need to

As has been pointed out there are other tools that don't hit a brick wall with Nod so the issue might not be as straightforward as the answer on their support forum suggests...

4. mango

mango Registered Member

i looked at port explorer, but it wasnt was i was looking for.

port magic was for opening ports etc on my wireless router.

ive googled for alternative programs,-but any advice is appreciated.

as for port magic, i tried the trial,and the nod error was reported a long time ago. So i see no use in going further with that program

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Welcome to Wilders Mango.

With this issue can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

Cheers :D

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What about excluding this particular application from scanning in the IMON setup? Will it make a difference?

7. mango

mango Registered Member

on start port magic detects nod, and give the error "not compatible with nod eset" or something. no other info whatsoever.

And the forum for that program is no use. I just uninstalled the trial,-no use buying it and then look for an answer.

searching for another similare tool, so i dont have to access the router and port forwarding everytime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.