NOD32 and Outlook 2007 not playing nice!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jaeelarr, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaeelarr

jaeelarr Registered Member

So I recently got a new PC and had to bring all my old files over to the new one. In the process, I brought over all my Outlook 2007 settings (Application Data and Local Settings data). Now, I am getting a pop up everytime I open up my Outlook about some ESET add-in. On the old PC, I had NOD32 v2.7...but my new comp has v3.0. My boot drive on my new PC is the C drive, where as my old PC, my boot drive was the F drive. Attached is the error I am getting. Obviously, Outlok is looking for an extensionin the old drive, which is not there anymore. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

• Doc.jpg
      Doc.jpg
      File size:
      270.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Memory

Memory Guest

You probably need to follow the second route.

From Microsoft Office Outlook Help :
    MS speak : To be sure Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. Click OK. ;)

Robert

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008
  3. jaeelarr

Already looked...there are no Emon or ESET add-ins to be found, nor are there any add-ins that point to a F:/ directory.

4. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Hello,

you'll probably need to delete something like "Outlook addin"="4.0;Outxxx.dll;7;000000000000000;0000000;OutXXX" in the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions]

Try that and share the result.

5. jaeelarr

I did not see anything like that in there.

6. jaeelarr

No other suggestions?

7. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

Chances are the problems lie deep in the registry and unless you are a registry "guru" perhaps the only solution will be to uninstall/remove the application data and local settings that you imported over from your other PC and create new Outlook 2007 settings/local settings ie: profiles and then later on xfer from the old PC the emails only! that you want to keep and not the application data/local settings...

SaphireX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.