NOD32 and Outlook 2003 Problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sh0k32, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sh0k32

sh0k32 Registered Member

I recently have been encountering problems between NOD32 and Outlook 2003. I have a laptop running Windows XP Home SP2 and recently when I open Outlook it takes up to 10-15 sec. to go from one message to another. These messages are typically HTML or text based and it just seems like it is scanning each document as I move between them. I've read in these forums that I can disable EMON, which I have currently done just to get everything working smoothly again. This started a couple of months ago. I just got done reformatting my machine and once I got everything back on my machine I noticed that it was acting the same way.

What are my options here? I would like to have EMON enabled but if I have to wait 10-15 sec to move between each of my messages then it doesn't seem like much of an option. Also, I'm configured with the blackspear settings.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

try unticking 'scan read mail' in EMON Setup.

3. sh0k32

sh0k32 Registered Member

Thanks, I'll try that. It almost seems to obvious of solution :)

4. sh0k32

sh0k32 Registered Member

Well, it didn't work. I ended up uninstalling, repairing winsock etc. and when I got everything installed again it worked fine with default settings. I think I'm going to stick with default settings unless anyone else has a suggestion. Also from what I've read default settings are fine. The Blackspear settings are more for people that want to automate everything and have the highest level of security. Am I missing something here? Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.